The LeaRN Program is pleased to announce an opening for a one-year, temporary Academic Professional Lecturer position for the 2018-2019 academic year.
This position includes a 4/3 teaching load that will consist of a combination of courses from LeaRN and English. Courses for the position may include ENGL 1010 (first-year composition), ENGL 2015 (Comp and Rhetoric II: College and Career), UWYO 1101 (First-Year Seminar), and UWYO 1105 (Academic Recovery for probationary students). Other duties may include advising, program assessment, and faculty mentorship. The position stipend is $36,000 and includes full benefits.
The University of Wyoming invites diverse applicants to consider our employment opportunities. We are also especially interested in candidates who have experience working with diverse populations and/or diverse initiatives.
- Completed a Master’s degree in English or a related field
- Teaching experience in First-Year Composition
- Evidence of highly effective teaching
- Evidence of academic excellence
- Ability to adapt curriculum to a diverse audience
- Teaching experience with at risk and/or high school students
- At least 4 semesters of university-level teaching experience
- Evidence of professional development in relevant fields (conference presentations, workshops)
- Aptitude for advising and working with students in co-curricular activities.
How to apply
Complete on-line application and upload the following as one document: cover letter, resume or CV, and contact information for three work-related references. Please also email 2 semesters of teaching evaluations to Carrie Miller ( firstname.lastname@example.org).
Welcome to Laramie
The University of Wyoming is located in Laramie, a town of 30,000 in the heart of the Rocky Mountain West. The state of Wyoming continues to invest in its university, helping to make it a leader in academics, research and outreach. The university has state-of-the-art facilities in many areas and the community provides the advantages of a major university.
Located in a high mountain valley near the Colorado border, Laramie offers both outstanding recreational opportunities and close proximity to Colorado’s Front Range, a bustling group of metropolitan cities including Denver, Boulder, and Fort Collins. This beautiful mountain landscape offers outdoor enjoyment in all seasons, with over 300 days of sunshine annually. For more information about the region, please visit http://visitlaramie.org/