Institution Type: Four-Year / Advanced Degree (BA, MA and/or PhD)
Institution City: Manchester
State/Province: New Hampshire
Institution Website: http://www.snhu.edu/
Job Title: Associate Dean of Academic Operations, School of Business
Job Description: Southern New Hampshire University’s traditional campus is seeking an Associate Dean of Academic Operations for the School of Business. The Associate Dean of Academic Operations is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the School of Business; schedules all sections of the SB undergraduate (including Degree in Three, and 3 Years Honor programs), graduate (+ 1, MBA, and MSc programs) and doctoral (PhD) courses during the academic year; hires and advises adjunct faculty; assists the Dean and Associate Dean of Quality and Innovation in implementing new all-University academic programs; implements collaborative initiatives with other Schools and units of the University; assesses technology needs and facilitates acquisition; interprets, explicates, and implements academic policy; assists the Dean and Associate Dean of Quality and Innovation in the evaluation of full-time faculty and adjuncts which may include, but is not limited to, classroom observations; handles student complaints and cases of academic dishonesty; advises faculty, students, and staff on institutional procedures; participates in university functions; serves on standing and ad hoc committees; makes regular fiscal reports to the Dean, Department Chairs, Coordinators, and Budget Managers; advises and works closely with the Dean and Associate Dean of Quality and Innovation of the School of Business.
Essential duties and responsibilities of this position include the following:
* Enforces existing academic policies and assists the Dean’s in drafting new initiatives for adoption as required
* Works with Chairs, Registrar’s Office, students, and student advisors to evaluate student petitions to amend degree requirements, receive transfer credit, fill course needs, take courses in multiple venues (COCE, CBE) or at other institutions.
* Handles student feedback, involving interaction with faculty members, students, student advisors, chairs, and/or other support personnel as required
* Handles cases of academic dishonesty, guiding faculty in detection and reporting, advising students of their rights and responsibilities, recording the events, and reporting second offenses to the Dean and VPAA
* Helps guide new courses, programs, minors and majors, and their advocates, through the governance process
* Extrapolates budget impact of new programs and enrollment projections
* Works with advocates and the Registrar on course descriptions, naming conventions, numbering, prerequisites, and cross-listings
* Responsible for assessing and budgeting for SB technology.
* Advocates for faculty training in, and utilization of, educational software and hardware including Brightspace, Turnitin, RefWorks, and Chalk & Wire
* Researches and reviews faculty technology needs
* Has direct responsibility for the creation of the complete daytime Undergraduate (including Degree in Three, and 3 Year Honors programs), Graduate (+ 1, MBA, and MSc programs), and Doctoral (PhD) SB schedule of classes
* Works with the Deans, chairs, coordinators, individual faculty, the Registrar, and the Registrar’s office to account for the rotations and sequences of course offerings, total and major enrollments, sabbaticals, class sizes, faculty loads, linked classes, and special topics courses
* Adjusts schedule in response to enrollment data and updates, as well as changes in staffing
* Oversees content and copy of the SB Undergraduate (including Degree in Three, and 3 Year Honors programs), Graduate (+ 1, MBA, and MSc programs), and Doctoral (PhD) catalogs
* Provides supplemental ad hoc reporting on enrollments, budget, curricular history, teaching loads and staffing to the Deans and faculty
* Helps identify staffing needs and enrollment trends
* Tracks budget transfers and expenses
* Supports the creation, presentation and administration of the operational, capital, and technology budgets for all SB units
* Monitors expenses and makes financial recommendations in response to emergencies/opportunities
* 5+ years of academic administrative experience
Typically Monday-Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm with flexibility to meet business demands as needed.