Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Date of appointment: June 15, 2018
The primary purpose of this position is to provide high quality academic advising to undergraduate students including: new transfer and first year students during Advising and Registration Days, work with first year students to develop an academic road map during their first year on campus, work with students through the processes of academic warning, suspension, appeal, and probation to develop and follow an academic success plan, and to provide general academic advising services for HBS students through graduation. In addition, this position will serve as a resource for university and school academic policies for faculty advisors within the HBS. This position will also be assigned areas of specialization to best serve the needs of our students and the university. Areas of specialization will include assisting with the development and coordination of education abroad activities and international partnerships for the HBS.
· Undergraduate student advising
· Student success programming: development and implementation for various student populations such as New Entering First Year Students (NEF), New Entering Transfer Students (NET), international, exchange, education abroad, and learning communities
· Advising delivery program development and implementation including group, on-line, individual, and other delivery methods
· Liaison to University departments such as the Advising Center, Honors Program, Career Services, Residential Life, Center for International Studies, Admissions, etc.
· Areas of specialization will include education abroad, international partnerships, or other
· Training, supervision, and development of graduate assistants
· Other duties as assigned
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Minnesota State University Association of Administrative Service Faculty (MSUAASF) which can be found at: http://www.hr.mnscu.edu/contract_plans/index.html
Qualifications and experience:
· Master’s degree in Counseling, Student Development or other related field. Three years of related work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree may substitute for a Master’s degree.
· Experience working with university or community college students in advising, admissions, financial aid, records, or other related student service areas
· Knowledge of practices and procedures related to student development, student advising, educational outreach, and retention
· Demonstrated ability using student data (e.g. student transcripts, degree audit reports, assessment scores) to advise
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Familiarity with the higher education system and current trends
· Ability to work as part of an advising team, including professional colleagues, faculty, and students
· Demonstrated ability to collaborate with colleagues across departmental lines
· Evidence of the ability to work with persons from culturally diverse backgrounds
· One or more years of academic advising experience in a higher education setting
· Knowledge of the university Liberal Education Program
How to apply
To apply for this position, please continue the process at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/stcloudstate/default.cfm
Application Review begins May 3, 2018; position is open until filled.
Only complete applications will be considered. A complete application will include the following:
· Cover Letter
· Resume/Curriculum Vitae
· Contact information for three (3) current, professional references
· Copies of Transcript(s) (undergraduate/graduate/PhD); if advanced to finalist, official transcripts will be required.
Gretchen Huwe, Search Committee Co-Chair
Herberger Business School
118 Centennial Hall
720 Fourth Avenue South
St. Cloud, MN 56301