Job ID: 2018-5049
# of Openings: 1
Org Number: 010059
Division: Provost Vice President
Job Type: Faculty
Proposed Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience and Credentials
Targeted Job Start Date: 8/13/2018
Hours Per Week: 40
Weeks Per Year: 52
Regular Workdays/Hours: MTWRF hours will vary
Exempt Status: Exempt
The College of Business has 76 full-time faculty and 40 part-time faculty in 6 academic departments: Accounting, Economics, Finance, Information Systems & Operations Management, Management, and Marketing. The College currently offers 13 undergraduate majors serving more than 2,500 students, and 2 graduate programs serving more than 100 students combined. The faculty and staff of the College are committed to a culture of continuous improvement and innovation in support of our efforts to prepare students to become productive, ethical, and engaged citizens and business leaders, while promoting commerce and advancing the quality of life in the Oklahoma City metropolitan area. The College is accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). For further information see our website at http://business.uco.edu.
Visiting faculty are employed by the university to teach or perform research for a limited time. This is a non-tenure track, temporary position. Service or research may be expected.
Department Specific Essential Job Functions:
- Teaching undergraduate courses in Taxation, Auditing, Ethics, Information Systems, Financial and/or Governmental.
- Other responsibilities include research and service appropriate to rank and appointment to maintain AACSB faculty level qualifications.
- Teaching, research, departmental/school and university service is expected.
Qualifications/Experience Required:An earned doctorate degree awarded by a regionally accredited or internationally recognized institution in the field specified in the position announcement (exceptions require Academic Affairs approval).
- Doctorate in Accounting or Business Administration with Accounting concentration from AACSB college or school of business or recent bridge program completion preferred. LLM in Taxation or Doctorate with significant Accounting publications may be considered.
- Candidate should have sufficient education/training to accomplish refereed research in one of the commonly accepted accounting fields.
- Professional Accounting certification required, CPA preferred.
- Consideration may be given to candidates that are ABD, nearing completion.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Previous teaching experience in higher education environment at the level of teaching assistant or higher is required.
- Candidate must provide evidence of teaching effectiveness/excellence.
- Case utilization methods and user perspective principles experience preferred.
- Candidate must be appropriately qualified under AACSB guidelines.
Physical Demands:Repetitive movement of hands and fingers – typing and/or writing. Frequent standing, and/or sitting. Occasional walking, stooping, kneeling or crouching. Reach with hands and arms. Visually identify, observe and assess. Ability to communicate with supervisor/students/colleagues. Regular physical attendance required.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations (in accordance with ADA requirements) may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
How to apply
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit transcripts for ALL degrees earned and your teaching philosophy.