Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as an online adjunct faculty member for the online division in the College of Doctoral Studies , which offers programs tailored towards the interests of our students, including: Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership, Doctor of Business Administration , and Doctor of Philosophy in General Psychology. Specializations are offered that respond to the needs of a global society.
As an adjunct faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction in an online format, incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction, we’d like to hear from you.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. Other main responsibilities include the following:
- Manage dissertation committee members and methodologists.
- Provide oversight to the doctoral learner and the required dissertation processes and procedures.
- Support processes and procedures for providing quality dissertations.
- Facilitate the IRB process supporting doctoral learner research.
- Maintain records and updates as required by the college for each learner, including the dissertation management system.
- Minimum: Doctorate from a regionally accredited institution is required. Education Doctorate OR Doctorate in a related discipline with 9 graduate credits in Education Administration, Counseling or Psychology, K-12 School Administration or related fields.
- Two of the following is preferred:
- At least 3 years experience teaching graduate level statistics or research methods (qualitative or quantitative or and mixed) coursework.
- At least 5 years of progressive professional experience using statistics or demonstrated expertise through scholarly research as an academic or professional researcher (minimum: project or program design and evaluation or secondary data analysis or primary data collection and analysis).
- Demonstrated expertise through publications or related professional or dissertation committee experience.
**Preference given to individuals with Scholarly publications/presentations**.
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can’t find a position that’s right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
GCU’s Christian worldview has shaped the university’s mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University please visit us at www.gcu.edu.
How to apply
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered – anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
Adjunct faculty candidates who are employed full time by Veteran’s Affairs and who are hired by GCU should have a waiver on file with the VA regarding employment with a for-profit educational institution. Waivers are available from the VA.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.