Under the direction of the Accounting Department Chair, the Adjunct will provide high quality teaching of accounting, tax, and/or developmental mathematics courses; responsible for providing services to department, college, and university committees as assigned.
Graduation from an accredited institution with an earned masters degree in Accounting is required for teaching accounting courses. A Master of Taxation degree or a JD/LLM is acceptable for teaching tax courses.
Business math requires a masters degree in mathematics or a related field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Demonstrated knowledge in the specific area(s) assigned to teach is required. Potential areas of need may include accounting information systems, financial accounting, managerial accounting, taxation, and/or business math.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Effective in problem solving and decision making.
- Ability to apply the specific concepts taught in the assigned course(s).
- Ability to effectively teach students using a variety of instructional modes using acknowledged best practices in the discipline.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral English to a diverse group of students.
- Ability to use student-centered instructional strategies and techniques including engaged learning, on-learning, and traditional instruction.
- Ability to effectively manage college courses.
- Ability to motivate and fairly evaluate student progress and achievement.
Current professional teaching license.
Successful college/university level teaching experience in a teacher education program.
Graduation from a regionally accredited institution with an earned doctorate in the subject area to be taught, a continuing record of scholarship or recent professional experience related to the courses s/he will be teaching, and evidence of effective teaching practices.
Standing, sitting, moving about a classroom continuously, continual talking and listening.
Advertisement Number: FAC05717
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicant: Applicants may be subject to a criminal background check and degree verification.Adjunct faculty are hired on an as needed basis for a semester appointment only and must reapply each year.This position is posted on a continuous recruit basis. This means that applications are accepted even though there may not be a position currently available.
How to apply
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/1570
Utah Valley University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/ Equal Access Employer and committed to fostering a diverse workforce. As an inclusive community, we actively seek diversity among our applicants for this position. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are particularly encouraged to apply.