NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Founded in 1908 and sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy, Georgian Court University is a leading regional university that provides a transformative education, preparing students for ethical leadership and service in the Catholic Mercy tradition. GCU’s strong liberal arts core and its special concern for women create an environment that supports diversity and academic excellence. Anchored by the Mercy core values of respect, integrity, compassion, service, and justice, Georgian Court serves nearly 2,500 students of all faiths and backgrounds in upward of 30 undergraduate and 10 graduate programs.
The university, which was founded over a century ago as a women’s college, became a fully coeducational university in 2013. Women and men attend classes on the GCU main campus in Lakewood, N.J., on the picturesque former George Jay Gould estate, which is also a National Historic Landmark. Courses are also taught online and at several other locations in New Jersey.
This a part-time, non-tenure position which is appointed on a per semester basis.
- Create online sport psychology course which is one of the electives for Exercise Science (BS) majors
- Teach 3 credits per semester of undergraduate level ES310 Exercise and Sports Psychology courses.
- Be accessible for the class seeking virtual office hour for academic support
- Enter overall attendance and grades for all students
- Integrate the core values of respect, compassion, integrity, justice and service in all aspects of interaction.
- Approve Service Learning (SL) opportunities as an instructor if the student plan to complete SL through ES310.
- Master’s degree in Sports Psychology or related field required; doctorate preferred.
- Demonstrated successful teaching experience at the college/university level.
- Ability to teach in online formats.
- Experience using education software programs, such as Blackboard.
How to apply
Applicants interested in applying MUST submit the following documents via online:
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for three professional references
Returning Applicants – Login to your Georgian Court Careers Account to review your completed application.
As you are submitting your application via this online process, please assure you provide an accurate email address. You will receive an acknowledgment indicating your application materials have been received. If you do not receive the email to your inbox, please check your spam folder. If it is not in your spam folder, please go to Returning Applicants Login, click on the Help Desk link and click on New Ticket for assistance.
PLEASE DO NOT CALL OR SEND AN EMAIL MESSAGE TO THE HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE REGARDING THE STATUS OF YOUR APPLICATION.