Job Category: Adjunct Faculty
Current Work Schedule (days, hours): Schedule may include teaching days, evenings and weekends.
Salary Range: $74.53 PER HOUR based on lecture hour equivalent taught (Adjunct are placed on salary schedule)
Department: Business Division
THIS IS A TEMPORARY, HOURLY AS NEEDED POSITION WITHOUT PERMANENT STATUS.
This is a CONTINUOUS recruitment for an applicant POOL to fill part-time, temporary, hourly assignments on an as-needed basis. Departments or divisions will refer to the POOL of applications on file to fill temporary assignments as the need arises. You will be contacted by the hiring manager should the department/division be interested in scheduling an interview.
Essential Duties/Major Responsibilities:
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To teach PLGL courses according to the Colleges course outlines of record and pursuant to the guidelines of the American Bar Association Standing Committee for the approval of paralegal programs;
- To participate in the timely assessment of student learning outcomes; and
- To assist the Paralegal Program Coordinator, as needed, with information and record-keeping requests related to ABArequirements.
Minimum Qualifications/Education & Experience:
- The minimum of one of the following awarded/conferred from a regionally accredited institution:
- Any bachelors degree or equivalent foreign degree and two years of professional experience directly related to the faculty members teaching assignment; OR
- Any associate degree or equivalent foreign degree and six years of professional experience directly related to the faculty members teaching assignment; OR
- California Community College credential authorizing service as an instructor in the appropriate discipline.
- Commitment to the community college goals/objectives of providing quality programs and services for students with diverse abilities and interests; personal qualities to work effectively and sensitively in a multicultural environment; awareness and commitment to the special needs of non-traditional students; AND
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written English
Equivalency not established
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Employees may periodically be required to operate a vehicle that necessitates possession of a valid California drivers license. Such employees must have the ability to secure and maintain a valid California drivers license.Official offers of employment are made by the Mt. San Antonio College Office of Human Resources and are made contingent upon Board approval. It is also required that a final offer of employment will only be made after the candidate has successfully been fingerprinted and clearance for employment is authorized by Human Resources. Costs for fingerprinting services shall be borne by the candidate.
Conditions of Employment:
Official offers of employment are made by Mt. San Antonio College Human Resources and are made contingent upon Board approval. It is also required that a final offer of employment will only be made after the candidate has successfully been fingerprinted and clearance for employment is authorized by Human Resources. Costs for fingerprinting services shall be borne by the candidate.
Notice to all prospective employees The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in Administrative Procedure 3518, titled Child Abuse Reporting, as a condition of employment.
The person holding this position is considered a Responsible Employee under Title IX of the Educational Amendments Act of 1972 and is required to report to the Colleges Title IX Coordinator all relevant details reported to him or her about an incident of alleged sexual misconduct including sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating and domestic violence and stalking.
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Mt. San Antonio Community College Annual Security Report is available here: http://www.mtsac.edu/safety/pdf/2014ASRFinal.pdf
Edwin Estes, Department Chair
How to apply
Apply between July 5, 2018 and June 28, 2019, by 11:59 p.m. Applicants must submit all of the following materials online to be considered for this position:
- A Mt. San Antonio College online application (http://hrjobs.mtsac.edu)
- College and/or university transcripts showing the awarded/conferred degree are required and must be submitted with the online application by all applicants, including current or former employees of the college, to demonstrate that the required educational qualifications are met. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at the time of application; however, copies of diplomas are not accepted in lieu of transcripts.
- A cover letter indicating how qualifications and required experience are met and addressing the applicants philosophy of teaching
- A detailed resume that summarizes educational preparation and professional experience for the position
- A minimum of two letters of recommendation that reflect relevant experience (do not use social media or professional networks as a means to provide letters of recommendation or any of the required documents)\