Posting Number: A00118P
Liberty University’s hiring practices and EEO Statement are fully in compliance with both federal and state law. Federal law creates an exception to the “religion” component of the employment discrimination laws for religious organizations (including educational institutions), and permits them to give employment preference to members of their own religion. Liberty University is in that category.
Does this position require driving?: No
Contact: Dr. Brian Walsh, Program Director
Contact Phone Ext: 434-582-7705
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Summary/Basic Function
Adjunct Faculty Member will be responsible for teaching courses within the Respiratory Therapy Program as assigned. Faculty will take advantage of teaching moments and opportunities through the use of weekly announcements and emails as well as carry out various administrative tasks as dictated by their Instructional Mentor, the Faculty Support Coordinator, the Online Chair, or the Associate Dean. These administrative tasks will include items such as roster verification, reporting items, and timely posting of all grades.
Faculty are expected to:
- Teach material from approved curriculum in accordance with assigned schedule to ensure student satisfaction.
- Assist students in achieving completion of objectives and learning outcomes.
- Provide regular and timely feedback to students.
- Participate in school retention initiatives by maintaining productive contact with students and by getting in touch with and offering assistance to absent students.
- Advise students in matters related to academics, attendance, and behaviors.
- Motivate students to actively participate in all aspect of the educational process.
- Maintain and report student grades and attendance in accordance with university policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
- Master’s Degree or higher in science, business, education, or respiratory therapy, with at least 18 graduate credit hours directly related to course content.
- Degree must be from an institution accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Full doctrinal compatibility with Liberty University.
- Superior interpersonal, customer service, presentation, and communication skills required.
- Creative, innovative, and problem-solving skills required.
- Proven organizational skills and ability to complete assignments on time and accurately with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Blackboard, and the Internet.
- Able to obtain and maintain licenses if applicable as required by state or accrediting commissions.
- Demonstrated strengths in teaching at the college level is essential.
- Applications for consideration will only be accepted via Liberty University’s online automated application process.
- Doctoral degree (PhD, EdD) preferred.
- Advanced credentials such as RRT–NPS, RRT–ACCS, or RPFT when teaching applicable courses.
- PFT, RRT–ACCS, SDS, AE-C