If Part Time, hours per week:
3-12 hours per week
If temporary, please provide a start and end date:
Semester by Semester
Position Summary or Faculty Qualifications
The Department of Music, Theatre & Film at Saint Joseph’s University University invites applications for the position of Adjunct Instructor of Guitar to teach studio lessons in classical and jazz guitar.
Preferred qualifications: D.M.A. in guitar performance and experience teaching guitar in a liberal arts college setting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching of a specified course
- Preparation of materials
- Providing support and guidance to students
- Grading assignments and examinations
- Evaluating students in the end-of-semester jury process
- Preparing students for studio recitals and senior recitals
- Office hours
- Master’s Degree in Music
- Evidence of successful teaching experience in studio guitar at the college level.
- D.M.A. in guitar performance
- Experience teaching guitar in a liberal arts college setting.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours:
May require standing for long periods of time, talking for long periods of time and carrying course materials.
212012 – Music, Theatre & Film
Internal and External Applicants
How to apply
Applicants must apply online at https://jobs.sju.edu. Complete applications are to include a letter of application, C.V. and current contact information for three professional references. Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Saint Joseph’s University is a private, Catholic, Jesuit institution and expects members of its community to be knowledgeable about its mission and to make a positive contribution to that mission. Saint Joseph’s University is an equal opportunity employer that seeks to recruit, develop and retain a talented and diverse workforce.