Position Number: 612277
FTE: 1 = 40 hours/week, 12 months
Primary Function of Organizational Unit
The NCCU Art Museum is a vital teaching resource and cultural institution on the campus of North Carolina Central University. It houses one of North Carolina’s leading collections of works by African American artists and others dealing with the black experience.
Primary Purpose of Position
The North Carolina Central University (NCCU) Art Museum is seeking a Director that is a dynamic leader with curatorial expertise, management skills, as well as knowledge and passion for African American art history and community outreach.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate.
- Writing – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Problem Solving – Identifying problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Management of Material Resources – Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
- Management of Financial Resources – Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
- Administration and Management – Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
Candidates for the position of NCCU Art Museum Director must hold an M.A., M.F.A., or Ph. D from an accredited institution, as well as an exemplary record of exhibition and catalog development; proven fundraising success; ability to develop and market the museum’s exhibitions; and ability to articulate a vision for the museum’s.
With (7) seven to (10) ten years of years’ experience.
How to apply
Equal Opportunity Employer
North Carolina Central University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.