Posting Number F0623P
Position Type Faculty
Department of Teacher Education – Dothan
Division College of Education
Location Dothan – D01
If Faculty position
Is this position tenure track or non-tenure track?
The Assistant/Associate/Full Professor position in Secondary Education is responsible for teaching undergraduate and graduate secondary education and other related education courses as needed; developing knowledge and skills related to effective teaching in these areas; evaluating students relative to CAEP and Alabama Department of Education standards; guiding related field experiences; supervising clinical experiences; working with pre-service candidates/in-service teachers in public school settings; advising education majors; participating in service activities; production of scholarly work; collaboration with local districts and agencies serving culturally and economically diverse children; collaboration with faculty in assessment, recruitment and retention activities and curriculum planning; and academic advisement.
Teaching work load is 24 semester hours per academic year as a faculty member in Secondary Education. Teaching assignments may include undergraduate and/or graduate courses utilizing on-line, on campus, or blended formats. Responsibilities are commensurate with rank in accordance with the Faculty Handbook in the areas of teaching, service and scholarship.
- Earned doctorate degree from an accredited university in Secondary Education, or closely related field (consideration will be given to candidates with ABD status)
- Successful teaching experience in a K-12 setting
- Experience teaching at the college level
- Current Professional Educator Certificate
- Recent secondary teaching experience in the United States
- Knowledge of Alabama educational initiatives such as Alabama Math, Science and Technology Initiative
- Experience integrating technology in teaching
- Knowledge of CAEP accreditation expectations
- Experience in coordination and supervision of clinical field experiences
- Established record of scholarly work and active participation in professional organizations
Will this position require driving (personal vehicle, university vehicle, utility vehicle, or golf cart) in order to perform the job duties?
Driving may be necessary but is not a primary responsibility
To be determined by the Department Chair according to University policy and needs of the department.
Academic Term Position Will Begin
How to apply
Qualified applications will be made available to the department/committee for review immediately upon submission. We ask that you provide email addresses for your reference providers and please be certain that the email addresses you list are accurate. If you are selected as a candidate for consideration by the department/committee, an instructional email will be sent to your reference providers to ask that they submit a reference letter on your behalf via a link to our reference portal. Separate reference letters will be requested for each position to which you apply (if applicable), so your reference providers will be contacted separately for each application on which you list them. Reference letters will not be copied from one application to another. You can assure your reference providers that our system is secure and that all letters are confidential. If your reference providers have trouble using the reference portal, please advise them to contact email@example.com.
Work Status: Full-Time