Department: OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY
Number of hours per week: 37.5
Months per year: Fiscal (12 months)
Campus: Main Campus
Position Number: 061170
Advertised Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Pay Basis: Monthly
Teach graduate occupational therapy courses. Conduct curriculum reviews and revisions. Advise students, mentor research projects, participate in service-learning and interdisciplinary projects. Participate in student recruitment and admissions. Actively engage in scholarly activities, funding opportunities, and in university, college, and department committees and events. Other duties as specified. Demonstrated record of teaching, service, and scholarship.
- Master’s degree or entry-level doctoral degree in occupational therapy with ability to complete a post-professional doctorate within five years.
- Three years’ clinical occupational therapy experience.
- Eligible for Tennessee occupational therapy license.
- Current NBCOT certification.
- Demonstrated record of teaching, service, and scholarship.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Desirable qualifications:
- Earned terminal degree.
- Experience with telehealth and electronic documentation.
- Board or Specialty certification such as Low Vision Rehabilitation, Environmental Modification, Gerontology, Hand Therapy Certification, Driving & Community Mobility.
How to apply
Employment is contingent upon successfully completing a criminal background check as mandated by Tennessee State University.
Official transcripts for positions which require a post-secondary undergraduate degree, advanced degree and/or certification must be presented upon hire.
An unofficial transcript may be attached in the “Transcript” section. You will be required to provide names and contact information for three references during your application to the posting. If you are approved for the candidate pool, our online hiring system will automatically generate solicitation for these letters using contact information you provided. The letters should be returned via the link provided in the solicitation of the recommendation and must be current and specific to the job posting.
Requisition Number: 3388
Tennessee State University offers eligible employees a competitive benefits package that includes annual leave (vacation), sick leave, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement, flexible benefits plans and more.