St. Cloud, MN
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications
Date of appointment: August 20, 2019
The Child and Family Studies (CFS) Department invites applications for a tenure track Assistant Professor Position in Early Childhood Education. St Cloud State University’s CFS faculty members are seeking an Assistant/Associate Professor in Early Childhood Education to join our team. The current faculty welcomes individuals who are excited to work in a collaborative team-based environment. The CFS Early Childhood Education license is accredited by the State of Minnesota and CAEP and is undergoing renovation to accommodate recent state licensing requirements with a thriving program. We have long-standing partnerships with multiple professional communities (school districts, child care organizations, community based services) and are known for a commitment to diversity and innovation. If you are interested in joining a team thriving for academic excellence, scholary performance and outstanding teaching/classroom skills, apply here.
St Cloud State University is located in the culturally diverse city of St Cloud, with close proximity to Minneapolis/St. Paul. The area offers excellent opportunities for personal and professional growth. The Child and Family Studies Department is one of three licensing departments in the SCSU School of Ed. The CFS department offers certifications (licenses) and both graduate and undergraduate degrees in Early Childhood Education, Early Childhood Special Education, Parent Education, and Family Studies. It is the only program in the state in which early childhood education, parent and family education and early childhood special education are combined in one department, providing a genuine early development and education focus. Courses: Early Childhood undergraduate/graduate courses
Department of Child and Family Studies
* Teaching Undergraduate courses which address early childhood education
* Supervision of student teaching and participation in assessment support including edTPA preparation
* Program development and participation in program accreditation activities
* Advising and supporting students in department courses and programs using the belonging mindset approach
* Participation on various CFS, SOE and SCSU committee memberships
* Collaboration with programs and units within SCSU, and with community partners In order to be considered for tenure, the successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to: 1) teach and/or perform assignment effectively; 2) conduct scholarly achievement or research; 3) continue preparation and study in discipline; 4) contribute to student growth and development; and 5) provide service to the university and community. (IFO Article 22, Section B)
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at: https://www.ifo.org/contract-benefits/contract/contract-settlement-15-17/
Qualifications and experience:
* Doctorate in Early Childhood Education (ECE) or closely related field
* Successful experience in teaching Early Childhood Education at university level
* Licensure in ECE preschool birth to grade 3 or able to obtain MN licensure
* Demonstrated record of teaching excellence in ECE
* Experience working with diverse populations
* Experience in edTPA and supervision of student teaching in early education
* Evidence of demonstrated ability to teach and work with persons from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds.
* ESL minor studies or demonstrated successful experiences working with dual language learners * Demonstrated record of recent leadership in program development, advising, and other activities in academia or other settings
* Demonstrated record of writing and scholarly activities related to early education
* Experience in supervision of student teaching
* Demonstrated skills in engaging with community partners.
* Experience in working with dual language learners and families
* Familiarity with ACES, infant mental health, ELL
* Experience/membership in national organizations associated with early childhood education
How to apply
To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website or directly at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/stcloudstate/default.cfm
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.