Program of Electrical Engineering
College of Engineering and Applied Science
The Program of Electrical Engineering within the College of Engineering and Applied Science (CEAS) at the University of Cincinnati (UC) invites applications for a non-tenure track position at the level of an Assistant/Associate Professor Educator to support its educational mission. The primary responsibility will be teaching selected electrical engineering undergraduate courses to CEAS students at UC and at the Chongqing University, CQU-UC Joint Engineering Co-op Institutes in Chongqing, China. It is required for this position to teach at least one semester per year in Chongqing, China, such courses will be taught in English. Candidates will be required:
- To obtain immigration documents for entry/work eligibility into China
- Candidates must have a PhD in the field of Electrical Engineering or closely related field prior to effective date of the appointment.
- Should have a minimum of 1 academic year of experience teaching courses in the following areas: (1) Programing, (2) embedded systems, (3) semiconductor physics and devices, (4) engineering electromagnetics (5) controls (6) electronics and signals and systems
Primary duties: Include course preparation and curriculum development, delivering lectures and instructing laboratories, holding office hours, grading and preparing assessment materials. Additional responsibilities will include participation in service activities and duties assigned by Department Head as needed; such as membership in committees and interaction with External Advisory Board.
Appointment Details: Initial appointment is up to three years and may be renewed. It is required for this position to teach at least one semester per year at Chongqing University, China. Anticipated work load is three courses per semester.
How to apply
Application Process: Create applicant profile in Success Factors and upload your CV/Resume to your profile. Apply to REQ #30129 and attach the following documents under the ‘Additional Documents’ section of the APPLICATION:
- Cover Letter
- Current CV
- List of references (3) – names and contact information. Should we move forward with your application we will contact references
- One page narrative of teaching experiences and teaching philosophy
Additional Information: This search will remain open until the position is filled. Desired start date is August 15th or January 1st.
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES
OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Veteran / Disabled.