Position Number: 53000506
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Multi-Campus
The University of North Georgia is currently seeking applications for a 10-month, tenure-track position for Exercise Science in the Department of Health, Physical Education, and Recreation. This faculty member will teach in the Department’s Exercise Science Program, primarily on the Gainesville campus, but with the expectation of being asked to teach on any of UNG’s campuses.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 18,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university’s signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG’s Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The Assistant Professor will:
- Teach exercise science related courses (e.g., biomechanics, testing & prescription, weight training, and cardio-conditioning principles) at both the undergraduate and graduate (online) levels in the Department’s Exercise Science program, which includes extensive field-based components
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellence in teaching, academic advising, collaborative curriculum development
- Serve on departmental, school and University committees
- Have active membership in relevant professional associations/organizations and working closely with faculty in related academic disciplines
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Doctorate in exercise science or a closely related field required
- Extensive laboratory instructional experience preferred
- Experience in a higher-education exercise science program, online teaching experience, and ACSM and/or NSCA certification preferred
Anticipated Hire Date: 08/01/2017
How to apply
Apply online with Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Unofficial Transcripts
Special Instructions to Applicants:
If you received any graduate degrees from an institution outside the United States, you must provide a foreign course-by-course credential evaluation by an independent evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES). Find a full list of NACES members at http://www.naces.org/members.htm.
Please submit contact info for three professional references.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.