The Department of Business Administration is seeking qualified candidates for a tenure-track position to teach Operation Management courses. The department currently houses undergraduate and graduate-level programs including Business Administration, Computer Information Systems (CIS), and Master of Business Administration (MBA).
- The successful candidate is expected to teach courses of Operations Management at the undergraduate level on campus.
- Higher Learning Commission (HLC) credentials to teach statistics are a plus and will contribute to the mission of the department.
- The successful candidate must be capable of and committed to effective teaching.
- Online teaching assignments at the graduate or undergraduate level are possible.
- As this position may require some online teaching, the successful candidate must have the ability to design and deliver online courses using D2L Brightspace course management system or be willing to obtain the necessary skills for online course design and delivery.
- Additional responsibilities include advising and otherwise supporting students’ academic progress.
- Faculty members are required to pursue scholarly and/or creative activities.
- The successful candidate is expected to contribute to a collegial and supportive environment that advances the goals of the Business Administration department, including curriculum development, assessment, programmatic accreditation and other departmental governance activities.
- The successful candidate should get involved in interdisciplinary teaching and in activities that support Bemidji State University’s signature themes: Environmental Stewardship, Civic Engagement and Leadership, International and Multicultural Understanding, and Belief in the Power of the Liberal Arts
* Candidates must have earned a terminal degree in Operations Management or in Business Administration with concentration or specialization in Operations Management from a regionally accredited institution at the time of employment (8/20/2019).
- Experience in teaching the following courses: Operations Management, and Statistics.
- HLC credentials to teach statistics are a plus and will contribute to the mission of the department.
- University teaching experience across multiple management functions
- Established or emerging research accomplishment in operations management
- Evidence of strong teaching orientation
- Familiar with accreditation process.
- Demonstrated experience working with and/or interest working with students and colleagues from multi-cultural and diverse backgrounds and using culturally responsive pedagogy and practice