St. Cloud, MN
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Date of appointment:
August 20, 2019
The Computer Science and Information Technology (CSIT) department at St. Cloud State University (SCSU) invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant/Associate Professor position in Cybersecurity with preferred research emphases in one or more of the following specializations: Internet of Things (IoT) computing, Safe Computing, Data Security and Privacy, Computer and Software Security, Human Behavior security, Cloud computing Security, Mobile Applications Security, Online Scam Detection. The successful candidate will perform all academic activities related to the mission of the institution, mainly in the area of Cybersecurity. The candidate will primarily serve a vibrant undergraduate program in Cybersecurity and an information assurance graduate program offered jointly with the Herberger Business School. More information about the college and the department can be found at http://www.stcloudstate.edu/cose/ and http://www.stcloudstate.edu/csit/.
The successful candidate’s primary responsibility will be to contribute to the delivery, curriculum, and assessment of the Cybersecurity program. Course delivery may include face-to-face, online, and hybrid approaches. Support, including course assignments for other programs offered by the department, including Computer Science and Software Engineering, is expected. The successful candidate will be effective in the recruitment and retention of students and the development of partnerships with both industry and government.
The successful candidate will teach a variety of courses in the department. Teaching responsibilities will be primarily in the undergraduate program in Cybersecurity and the graduate program in information assurance. In order to be considered for tenure, the successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to: 1) teach and/or perform assignments effectively; 2) conduct scholarly activities or research; 3) continue preparation and study in the discipline; 4) contribute to student growth and development including student advising; and 5) provide service to the university and community. Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization (https://www.ifo.org/).
The ideal candidate will share St. Cloud State’s commitment to our mission and values, especially our commitment to educating our racially and socio-economically diverse student population. Applicants will be expected to establish and maintain a professional goal to become outstanding faculty through the use of research-based, best-practices pedagogy. They should be willing to participate in teaching using alternative delivery methods such as online and hybrid. They will regularly engage in ongoing professional development and innovation opportunities focused on pedagogical growth offered within the College and at SCSU.
Qualifications and experience:
· Ph.D. in Cybersecurity or in Information Technology with strong emphasis in Cybersecurity. Applicants with a Ph.D. in a closely-related field such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or Information Systems having a strong emphasis in Cybersecurity will also be considered. ABD candidates will be considered if there is clear evidence of degree completion by the time of appointment
· Cybersecurity industrial experience
· A record of peer-reviewed or edited publication
· Excellent communication skills
· Evidence of demonstrated ability to teach and work with persons from culturally diverse backgrounds
· Academic experience in Cybersecurity program(s)
· External grants and contracts experience
· Interdisciplinary experience
· Experience in teaching and assessment of quality on-line (credentialed) courses
· Knowledge of the Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology (ABET) for Information Technology Programs
· Potential for successful collaborative and/or interdisciplinary work in the college’s Integrated Science and Engineering Lab Facility (ISELF), especially within the visualization lab
How to apply
To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website or directly at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/stcloudstate/default.cfm.
Application Review begins January 27, 2019; position is open until filled.
Only complete applications will be considered. A complete application will include the following:
· Cover Letter
· Teaching statement
· Research statement
· Resume/Curriculum Vitae
· Contact information for three (3) current, professional references
· Copies of Transcript(s) (undergraduate/graduate/PhD); if advanced to finalist, official transcripts will be required.
NOTE: Each required document must be uploaded for your application to be considered.
Omar Al-Azzam, Search Committee Chair
Associate Professor of Software Engineering
Phone: (320) 308-5196
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low-cost medical and dental insurance, employer-paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.