· Teach both on-campus and online courses in undergraduate psychology that may include, but are not limited to, Psychology of Women & Gender, Human Sexuality, Personality Theories and the potential development of courses such as, Cross-Cultural psychology, Psychology of Diversity, multicultural perspectives on family systems, communities, and/or trauma and other courses as related to the area of expertise. May also be asked to teach other Psychology core courses within the curriculum.
· Contribute to student growth and development by establishing a program of scholarship within the discipline, providing student advising and internship supervision, promoting a supportive climate for a diverse student population.
· Provide interdisciplinary teaching and involvement in activities that support Bemidji State University’s signature themes: Environmental Stewardship, Civic Engagement, Global/Multicultural Understanding.
· The successful applicant will be expected to contribute to a collegial and supportive environment that advances the goals of the department, including curriculum development, assessment, and other departmental governance activities.
· Earned doctorate in Psychology (Clinical, Cognitive, Community, Social, etc.) or closely related field from a regionally accredited institution at the start of employment. Area of specialization is open, and we welcome applicants with interest(s) in LGBTQ studies, Indigenous communities, racial and ethnic minorities, and/or disabilities.
· Demonstrated commitment to quality teaching is required.
· Evidence of support of student research.
· Skills/ability to design and deliver online courses
· Ability to integrate diversity and cultural content in teaching, scholarship, and service.
· The applicant should demonstrate a knowledge of and interest in diverse cultures and populations.
· All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of an offer of employment.
· Persons writing letters of references should be advised of Minnesota’s open record law which can make such letters available to applicants upon request.
· Official transcript(s) must be provided to Human Resources upon hire.
· Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization (IFO) which can be found at https://static1.squarespace.com/static/59304e9ad2b85773b3fbdf63/t/5935923c8419c2b9668840d7/1496683075229/2015-2017_IFO_Contract+%284%29.pdf
· In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MinnState) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, faculty and staff driving on college/university business, who use a rental or state vehicle, shall be required to complete a vehicle Use Agreement form and conform to MinnState’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a motor vehicle records check.
How to apply
Apply online: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/bemidji
A completed application must include the following:
· Cover letter which addresses the qualifications including teaching philosophy and research program
· Resume/Curriculum Vita
· Unofficial Transcripts
· Three letters of reference (send directly to John Gonzalez, see below)
· Teaching Evaluations (if desired)
John Gonzalez, PhD
Department of Psychology
Bemidji State University
1500 Birchmont Dr NE #23
Bemidji, MN 56601
Telephone: (218) 755-2881