NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Assistant Dean (College of Juvenile Justice & Psychology)
Prairie View A&M University
College Of Juvenile Justice And Psychology
Proposed Minimum Salary
Prairie View, Texas
The Assistant Dean will coordinate curriculum assessment and accreditation/certification reviews of academic programs; assist with coordination and implementation of college recruitment, retention, and enrollment management activities including annual student needs assessments, annual student tracking database, internships, career fairs, and scholarships; and support College’s mission of excellence in teaching, research, and service. The Assistant Dean will enable the College to develop and maintain the structure needed for SACS and other accreditation, and to reach enrollment and student success goals.
- Coordinate curriculum assessment and accreditation/certification reviews of academic programs.
- Assist with coordination and implementation of college recruitment, retention, and enrollment management activities including (but not limited to) annual student needs assessments, annual student progress tracking database, internships, career fairs, scholarships.
- Building relationships and partnerships in ways that advance the goals of the college, and represent the Dean at events and activities when the Dean is unavailable.
- Other duties as deemed necessary.
Required Education & Experience:
- Doctorate degree or a terminal degree
- Tenured or Tenure Eligible
- 1-2 years of administrative experience in a higher institution of learning.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills include the use of MS Office.
- Ability to conduct graduate advisement, graduation assessments of graduate students, review research proposals of graduate students, monitor, review and assess thesis and dissertations of graduate students for quality and meeting university standards, academic program assessment of graduate programs, writing reports, curriculum and instruction design/review.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- (Doctorate degree in Psychology, Juvenile Justice, Criminal Justice or a related field of study (e.g., criminology, sociology, political science, etc.) from an accredited university.)
- 10 years experience in higher education and a program of research related to the mission of the College.
Job Posting Close Date:
- Open Until Filled
How to apply
Please attach all required documents listed below in the attachment box labeled as either “Resume/CV or Resume/Cover Letter” on the application. Multiple attachments may be included in the “Resume/CV” or Resume/Cover Letter” attachment box. Any additional attachments provided outside of the required documents listed below are considered optional.
- Cover Letter
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Application Submission Guidelines:
All applicants are required to apply via our Career Site on or before the closing date indicated on the job posting. Applicant inquiries received via email and websites such as Indeed, HigherEdJobs, etc. will not be considered unless the individual has applied to the available position via the PVAMU Career site.
The required documents listed in the above Required Attachments section must be attached to the application prior to the job closing date indicated to ensure full consideration for the application submitted. Please contact the Office of Human Resource on or before the closing date indicated above at 936-261-1730 or email@example.com should you need assistance with the online application process.
Background Check Requirements:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the agency’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by agency procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.