Reporting to the Dean of Academic Planning and Administration (APA), the incumbent manages the administration of certain undergraduate research programs; administers the process of selecting and awarding of College honors and prizes; supports certain strategic planning efforts for APA; works with faculty and students regarding the applications of academic policy and procedures for Columbia College students; and represents APA in dealing with other offices in the College as well as those across the University.
- Directs, with faculty coordinator, the Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellowship program, managing administrative aspects of program and advising students on academic matters. Works closely with the principal investigator for the MMUF and responsible for the oversight of the budget. With faculty coordinator, co-teaches a weekly seminar for the MMUF students.
- Provides administrative support and manages funding for student research opportunities. Oversees planning and coordination of annual presentations of student research. Oversees budgets for senior thesis funding and departmental undergraduate student events. Advises students on undergraduate IRB approval process, as needed, and collaborates with the Morningside IRB office to determine policy recommendations and decisions for student research projects. Oversees approval process for undergraduate R.A. and T.A. positions in academic departments.
- Manages honors and prizes awarded by Columbia College. Coordinates the faculty Committee on Honors, Awards, and Prizes and the faculty Phi Beta Kappa selection committees, providing administrative and logistical support for process of selecting students for Phi Beta Kappa, Latin Honors, Departmental Honors, Valedictorian and Salutatorian. Oversees process of selecting and awarding special prizes, organizes award ceremonies, and manages process of disbursing cash prizes.
- Analyze data and produce reports that provide information on undergraduate curricular offerings and student academic experience, in order to facilitate academic planning efforts and student advising efforts. Updates certain Columbia College online publications. Maintains records of APA-related documents within office and within College Archives.
- Advises on student academic issues, responds to petitions, questions, concerns, and particular academic problems from faculty or students. Handles general inquiries about academic policies and procedures of Columbia College and about broad academic issues.
- Collaborates with other College offices in coordinating faculty engagement in academic events, such as Class Day, Convocation, and the Academic Resources Fair.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- As a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and the Council of Ivy Group Presidents (Ivy League), it is imperative that members of the Columbia University community, in all matters related to the intercollegiate athletics program, exhibit the highest professional standards and ethical behavior with regard to adherence to NCAA, Conference, University, and Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and Physical Education rules and regulations.
How to apply
*Applications received without a resume and cover letter will not be considered*
Use the Link Below to Review Qualifications and Apply: