Employee Class Description: Admin/Prof Staff FT Cont/Reg
Department: 840300 – Housing
Job Posting Description:
The Assistant Director of Residence Life for First Year Communities is a full-time Housing Department staff member responsible for administering a residential program area for three freshmen residence halls (1,500 students):
- Bluff Hall opened in August 2001, it is home to the Focused Interest Communities: Engineering and Technology, Honors and Major Explorations.
- Prairie Hall opened in August 1998, it is home to the Focused Interest Communities: Social & Human Behavior, Service & Leadership, Health Professionals, and Education.
- Woodland Hall opened in August 1994, it is home to the Focused Interest Communities: Math & Science, Nursing, Business.
The Assistant Director duties include educational, supervisory, and administrative functions to provide a residential environment reflective of the University’s mission and values, as well as the Departments’ educational priority and learning outcomes. Additionally, the Assistant Director is responsible for monitoring quality service in the halls, supervising the implementation of the residential curriculum for the freshmen residence halls, and contributing to the vision and direction for the residence life program. They will supervise three master’s level Community Directors and indirectly supervise three graduate assistants, 33 Resident Assistants, and 50 Desk Managers.
Further duties and responsibilities may be assigned based on the needs and goals of the department.
This position is a current Administrative / Professional vacancy at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville. The position posting will close to applicants at close of business, 4:30 pm CST, on the posting end date.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Higher Education Administration, College Student Personnel, or related field.
- Two (2) years of post-master’s, progressive experience working with student housing.
- Strong working knowledge of student development and student learning theory.
- Significant supervisory experience.
FLSA Exemption Status: Exempt
Posting Salary: $3,750 Monthly
Location: SIU Edwardsville Main Campus
Posting End Date: 03/09/2018
How to apply
Applicants must submit (upload) a letter of application, resume, unofficial academic transcripts, including those for SIUE, and a list of at least three professional references through HireTouch.
To apply for a vacancy, click here, which will prompt you to access your existing HireTouch account or create a new account. Only create a new account if you have NEVER created an account. In your HireTouch account, you will upload all necessary documentation as requested above. After logging in or completing your new profile, you can then complete your application process for individual positions.
Once you have applied, you may click the Positions For Which You Have Applied link to review your submission.
Applicants will be subject to a background check and/or drug screening prior to an offer of employment.
For technical assistance or for questions regarding the HireTouch system, contact Doug James at firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on general recruitment at SIUE, contact Jen Oates-Blair at email@example.com