Located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Lesley University is highly regarded for its graduate and undergraduate programs in education, the arts, and applied social sciences. Lesley fosters a highly creative environment in which innovative ideas thrive, theory is integrated with practice and its 7,000 students and 83,000 alumni are empowered to improve and enrich communities.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes health, dental, life, and long-term-disability insurance. In addition, we offer generous amounts of vacation and holiday time, as well as a tuition remission policy that enables employees to expand their knowledge and skills.
The Assistant Director of Student Financial Planning is responsible for assisting the Associate Director of Student Financial Planning with coordinating and acting as a primary contact and support professional for prospective and enrolling students and families in the Undergraduate and Graduate programs at the Lesley University. The primary goal of this position is to assist in the recruitment and retention efforts at the University by providing excellent and timely delivery of financial aid and alternative financing options information. This position works very closely with Admissions and Student Financial Services to ensure the student experience is positive.
- Assist students with the financial aid application process.
- Inform students, families, and approved third parties about payment plans, due dates, payment options.
- Provide financial aid-related information on transfer equivalents, transfer inquiry, and policies governing transfer credits.
- Provide general information about Verification and Professional Judgment procedures.
- Assist in recruiting and supervising temporary staff.
- Review and advise the Associate Director on effectiveness of communications to students. Particular emphasis on financial aid publications and documents; admissions publications and documents; Open House presentations and documents.
- Represent the Office of Financial Aid at Open Houses, Accepted Students Day, information nights and additional events as needed.
- Remain current in financial aid and enrollment management trends.
- Assist with other projects as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Three or more years of experience working in Financial Aid and/or Student Accounts.
- Knowledge of both private and federal student loan products.
- Experience in helping students/families develop a plan to pay for higher education.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able and willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Must not be in default on any federal student loan or federal parent loan.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States; if you hold a visa, your visa status must allow you to work at Lesley University.
Salary Grade 24: $44,856 – $53,378
How to apply
Apply online. A cover letter, CV/resume, and contact information for three references must be included for full consideration.
Applications will be reviewed upon the establishment of an appropriate pool of candidates.
BACKGROUND CHECKS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL POSITIONS
Lesley University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to increasing the diversity of the university community and the curriculum. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this goal are encouraged to apply.