APPOINTMENT DATE: August 21, 2018
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Probationary
· The candidate is expected to teach online and on campus courses in Information Systems at the undergraduate level and online courses at the graduate level.
· A strong commitment to quality teaching is required.
· Because this position may require some courses to be taught online, the successful applicant must have the ability to design and deliver online courses with D2L Brightspace course management software or be willing to obtain the necessary skills for online course design and delivery.
· In addition to teaching, department faculty members are responsible for advising and otherwise supporting students’ academic progress.
· Faculty members are also required to pursue scholarly and/or creative activities.
· As a member of the Business Administration department, the successful applicant will be expected to contribute to a collegial and supportive environment that advances the goals of the department, including curriculum development, assessment, programmatic accreditation and other departmental governance activities.
· The applicant should anticipate involvement with interdisciplinary teaching and involvement in activities that support Bemidji State University’s signature themes: environmental stewardship, civic engagement, global/multicultural understanding.
· Qualified candidates must have earned terminal degree in Computer Information Systems or Management Information Systems from a regionally accredited institution at the time of employment (8/21/2018).
· Preference given to the candidate who also has HLC credentials to teach Management
· Professional/Industry Experience
· Demonstrated teaching excellence
· The applicant should demonstrate a knowledge of and interest in diverse cultures and populations.
· Persons providing a reference should be advised of Minnesota’s open record law which can make such information available to applicants upon request.
· Official transcript(s) must be provided to Human Resources upon hire.
· Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization: http://www.hr.mnscu.edu/contract_plans/index.html
· Applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of an offer of employment.
· In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, faculty and staff driving on college/university business, who use a rental or state vehicle, shall be required to complete a Vehicle Use Agreement form and conform to MnSCU’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a motor vehicle records check.
· BSU and NTC are tobacco free workplaces (see policy)
How to apply
REQUIRED: COMPLETE applications MUST include the following attachments:
· Cover letter which addresses the qualifications
· Resume/Curriculum Vita
· Unofficial Transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate coursework
· Contact information for three professional references
· Teaching Evaluations from recent courses taught for those candidates with teaching experience