Position Available: Tenure-track position in Accounting at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor.
Date of Appointment: Fall Quarter 2018.
Duties: Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in taxation and accounting. Scholarly research and publication, student advising, and participation in college and university activities are integral components of this appointment. Effective teaching and publication in refereed journals required for tenure and promotion.
- Doctoral degree in accounting or equivalent (completed or nearing completion) from an AACSB accredited school required by appointment date. Candidates appointed ABD must complete degree requirements by June 15th of their first year. If a candidate appointed ABD does not complete degree requirements by June 15th of the first year, the second year contract shall be a terminal contract.
- Strong teaching and research record or clearly demonstrated potential.
- For appointment at the Associate Professor level, demonstrated participation in curriculum and program development, and significant published research.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse students and colleagues
- Qualified as AACSB Scholarly Academic (or will qualify upon completion of doctorate).
- Experience in teaching courses with a writing component and student-centered educational environment.
- Teaching experience in taxation.
- Teaching experience in other areas of accounting.
- Scholarship specializing in taxation.
- Professional certification.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Evidence of relevant engagement with the accounting or taxation practice community.
University and Department:
Western Washington University is nationally recognized for its educational programs, students, and faculty. Enrollment is approximately 15,000 students. Located between Seattle and Vancouver, B.C., in Bellingham, Washington, a city of 83,000, our beautiful campus overlooks Bellingham Bay and the San Juan Islands, with a multitude of year-round recreational opportunities in easy reach. The College of Business and Economics is AACSB accredited. The Department of Accounting has 240 undergraduate majors, 10 full-time faculty members, and is committed to teaching and research excellence. See http://www.cbe.wwu.edu/acct/ for more information.
The College and the Department support Western’s mission to bring together individuals of diverse backgrounds and perspectives in an inclusive, student-centered university that develops the potential of learners and the well-being of communities. As a public institution in a state where students of color make up a growing proportion of high school graduates, Western is strongly committed to effectively serving our increasingly diverse student body. We encourage applications from women, people of color, people with disabilities, veterans, and other candidates from underrepresented backgrounds and with diverse experiences interested in this opportunity.
How to apply
Applications must include a letter of application addressing how qualifications are met, curriculum vitae, and evidence of teaching effectiveness, transcripts, and names of three references.
All application materials must be uploaded through the Electronic Application System for Employment (EASE) at https://jobs.wwu.edu/JobPosting.aspx?JPID=7558 . Inquiries may be addressed to the search committee chair, Professor Burak Dolar, at ACCTSearch@wwu.edu or (360) 650-2270.
Review of applications will begin August 15, 2017 and continue until the position is filled.