Position Type: Faculty
Requisition Number: F20170535
Title Descriptor: Assistant Professor – 1 year Term – Physical Therapy
Banner Classification Title: Assistant Professor 9
Recruiting Range: Commensurate with experience.
Department: Physical Therapy – D424
Saint Louis University, a Catholic, Jesuit institution, dedicated to student learning, research, health care, and service, is seeking applicants for a temporary 9-month faculty appointment in the Program in Physical Therapy. The University is a Carnegie Research University (high research activity) and currently employs over 3,000 full and part-time faculty and enrolls more than 13,000 students in the graduate, professional, and undergraduate programs. The Program in Physical Therapy is housed in the
Doisy College of Health Sciences (DoisyCollege.slu.edu). Faculty have access to classrooms and laboratories with state of the art teaching and research technologies. There are presently 19 faculty members in the Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) program, who engage in teaching and scholarship, and participate in service to the University, the profession, and the community.
Position: 1 year non-tenure track, 9-month, full time faculty appointment.
- Primary instruction and guest lecturer of neuroscience curriculum(including, but not limited to Applied Neuroscience, Seminar in Adult Neurologic Physical Therapy, Neurological Conditions, and Neuropatholgy)
- Teaching in clinical research & design, and evidence-based practice
- Working with ongoing accreditation requirements of the department.
- Participation in University, professional, and community service (clinical outreach)
- Academic doctoral degree (e.g. PhD, EdD)
- Evidence of teaching experience at the university level
- Current physical therapist license in the United States, Puerto Rico or the US Virgin Islands
Rank and salary are dependent on qualifications and experience.
How to apply
All applications must be made online at https://jobs.slu.edu. Interested candidates must submit an application and current curriculum vitae.
Saint Louis University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for the position applied for without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, gender identity, or other non-merit factors. We welcome and encourage applications from minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities (including disabled veterans). If accommodations are needed for completing the application and/or with the interviewing process, please contact Human Resources at 314-977-5847.