Title: Assistant Professor
Position Number: 17729 (Faculty)
Deadline Date: 11/05/2017
Minimum Qualifications: A Ph.D. in Biochemistry is required, and post-doctoral experience is preferred. The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to teach/mentor effectively at the undergraduate and graduate levels, and establish an innovative, externally-funded research program.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following:
- Ability to engage undergraduate and graduate students courses in research;
- Ability to secure external funding to establish and sustain research programs;
- Ability to demonstrate competency in the infusion of modern technology into teaching;
- Ability to show high level of scientific creativity;
- Ability to teach collaboratively with faculty across disciplines; and
- Ability to clearly communicate scientific information, both written and orally.
How to apply
Applicant should submit the following: (1) Cover letter that explains suitability for position; (2) University electronic employment application (go to http://www.famu.edu/index.cfm?hr&Employment); (3) Current curriculum vitae; (4) Names, addresses, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of three (3) professional references; and (5) Unofficial copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts.