NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Elizabeth City, NC
Position Number: 6086-0000-0000-274
Division: Academic Affairs
Department/Unit: Department of Natural Sciences, Pharmacy, & Health Professions
Primary Purpose of Organizational UnitThe Division of Academic Affairs provides leadership in developing and maintaining quality academic programs and support services that contribute to the achievement of the university’s mission. The division strives to be recognized as a student-centered university with emphasis on excellence in teaching, learning, and scholarly activities; commitment to total student development; and outstanding service and engagement with local, regional, national and global communities.
Description of WorkThe primary purpose of the position is to teach courses in Human Anatomy and Physiology, engage in research and university/community service, recruit and provide advisement to students, serve on and/or chair thesis committees, and supervise pre-service teachers.
Competencies/Knowledge Skills, and Abilities Required in this Position
- Possess a PhD (for ABD, PhD must be obtained at time of employment) in Biology from regionally accredited institutions.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills; ability to write grants and/or conduct and publish research.
- Possess a commitment to collegiality and diverse work environments when interacting with others within the university community.
- Possess an enthusiasm for mentoring undergraduate students in research projects and experience in using innovative, problem-based teaching and learning strategies.
- Possess a research background that complements the existing diversity of the departmental faculty.
- Must be committed to excellence in student learning and be able to promote students’ ability to succeed in a multicultural and global community.
Minimum Training and ExperienceA Doctorate degree is required.
Position Category: Faculty
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
Posting Number: EHRA00060P
Job Close Date: 01/14/2019
Open Until Filled: No
How to apply
EHRA OSHR Statement:This position is Exempt from the State Human Resources Act.
AA/EEO StatementElizabeth City State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. The University does not discriminate in access to its educational programs and activities, or with respect to hiring or the terms and conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, political affiliation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or sexual orientation.
Background Check StatementAny offer of employment to a successful candidate will be conditioned upon the University’s receipt of a satisfactory criminal background report.
Eligibility for EmploymentProper documentation of identity and eligibility for employment will be required before the hiring process can be completed. ECSU is an E-Verify participant.