NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
About Arkansas Tech:
Founded in 1909, Arkansas Tech is a state supported comprehensive institution, maintaining regional accreditation from the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and classification as a Southern Regional Education Board (SREB) level III institution. It is the third-largest in the state with an enrollment close to 12,000 students. The Russellville campus is located in the scenic Arkansas River Valley between the Ozark and Ouachita Mountains. It is just one hour from the capital city of Little Rock and boasts a charming blend of historic and modern architecture, including beautiful grounds and greenery. Offering over 100 undergraduate degree programs and more than 25 graduate degree programs across seven academic colleges and two campuses. Arkansas Tech strives to provide a solid educational foundation for life-long learning to a diverse community. For more information about Arkansas Tech University and the surrounding community, please visit our website at www.atu.edu/hr to find our “Live Here” informational resources.
The College of Engineering and Applied Sciences invites applications for a nine-month, tenure-track position as Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering starting in August, 2019. The Mechanical Engineering department consists of 10 faculty instructors and 3 adjuncts serving over 300 students majoring in Mechanical Engineering and Nuclear Technology. The Mechanical Engineering program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET (http://www.abet.org/). Applicants must hold an earned Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering or a closely related field and demonstrate a commitment to teaching excellence and student interactions through undergraduate research, advising and student organizations. Arkansas Tech offers an attractive benefit package including medical, dental, life insurance and participation in TIAA-CREF retirement plans.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach, assess, and develop undergraduate and masters level courses in Mechanical Engineering.
- Effectively advise students at the undergraduate and graduate level.
- Engage students in high impact learning practices.
- Participate in scholarly activities including graduate and/or undergraduate research with publishing in appropriate journals.
- Provide departmental, college, university, and professional service.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated skills in both oral and written communication
- Earned Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering or a closely related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Specialization/emphasis in dynamic systems and controls, engineering mechanics/machine design, or manufacturing
- Teaching experience at the undergraduate and graduate level.
- Industrial experience.
- P.E. registration
- Potential for excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service.
- Knowledge/experience in use of MATLAB or similar software
What to Submit:
Letter of application addressing the qualifications listed above, teaching philosophy, research interests, CV, copies of transcripts, contact information for three professional references
To be considered for the position of Assistant Professor, all applications must be received and processed through our applicant tracking system Cornerstone prior to the closing date on 04/22/2019 before 6:00 pm central time.
How to apply
Please go to https://atu.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?site=1&c=atu to apply now.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.