School of Nursing
Proposed Salary Range
Commensurate with Experience
Type of Employment:
Full time (29-40 Hrs)
The School of Nursing invites applications for the position of Faculty for the Advanced Practice Nurse, Family Nurse Practitioner in the ACEN accredited Masters of Science in the Nursing program. Participation in teaching, student advising, professional service and scholarly activity is expected. The position is full-time (9 mo.), tenure-track at the rank of assistant or associate professor commensurate with credentials and experience. The position will begin Fall 2018.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Actively participates in development and evaluation of curriculum, course content, clinical experiences, and test construction.
- Responsible for didactic courses and/or clinical group size appropriate to area of clinical practice.
- Plans and supervises clinical seminars.
- Establishes effective coordinating relationships with co-workers and clinical agencies.
- Continues education for professional growth.
- Conducts continuing education offerings.
- Participates in nursing research and other scholarly work, including but not limited to presentations at professional meetings, grant applications, book and textbook reviews, enrollment in university courses.
- Participates in academic advising and guidance of students.
- Maintains office hours
- Participates in the faculty organization and appropriate program, college and university activities
- Serves on assigned and elected program, college and university committees.
- Sponsors and promotes planned activities of students, program, college and university as requested.
- Contributes to the community through involvement in and/or consultation to health related organizations, board memberships, or professional presentations to the public.
- Participates in planning for the continued growth and progress of the program through faculty and student recruitment and retention efforts.
- Holds membership and participates in organizations that advance the profession of nursing and advanced practice nursing, such as ANA, NONPF or other professional organizations.
Maintains skills and ability to function as faculty for clinical and didactic courses
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Additional hours as requested and/or needed
20% release for clinical practice.
9-10 credit hour teaching workload.
Academic experience beneficial.
- MSN with earned Doctorate.
- Licensure (or eligible) as Advanced Practice RN in Arkansas.
- Current certification as Family Nurse Practitioner by a national certifying body.
How to apply
A cover letter, resume, and reference list must be attached (in MS Word or PDF format) to the electronic application.