The Department of English and Modern Languages, a unit within the College of Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities is accepting applications for an Assistant Professor of English. This is a nine (9)-month, full-time, tenure-track position beginning August 5, 2019.
Provides quality instruction for undergraduate students in four (4) courses per semester within prescribed curriculum utilizing traditional and online methods; Conducts scholarly research and publishes in areas of specialization; Engages in grantsmanship related to areas of specialization or departmental needs; and engages in university service and relevant community service.
Doctorate in English with concentration in Creative Writing (fiction) and a secondary area of concentration or MFA in Creative Writing.
· Knowledgeable and current in areas of specialization;
· Ability to teach effectively in assigned areas of the discipline;
· Ability to/experience in writing and securing grant funding;
· Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing;
· Ability and willingness to mentor students in conducting innovative research/creative activity; and
· Ability to collaborate effectively
Anticipated Salary Range
This is a Faculty position.