Bellevue University offers quality liberal arts and career-oriented programs at undergraduate and graduate levels to a diverse student body through both in-class and online venues. Our College of Business is currently looking for an energetic and knowledgeable individual to fill our Assistant Professor- Accounting position.
This is a residential position located in Bellevue, Nebraska and has significant and direct student contact. The position is best filled by an engaged teacher/practitioner, enthusiastic and well-rounded and interested in a fulltime faculty position.
The primary function of this full-time faculty position is to design, develop, teach, assess, update, and maintain courses and degree programs in accounting. Focus is placed on providing students with solid preparation for the CPA exam and accounting careers in the corporate and nonprofit settings. This faculty member will be a co-sponsor in the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program.
1. Develop and maintain undergraduate and graduate courses in the accounting area that are skills and performance-based.
2. Teach courses in accounting at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
3. Teaching must reflect new development, knowledge, and technology specific to accounting. Industry work experience and practical knowledge will facilitate this desired outcome.
4. Teach in various modes of delivery (day, evening, online) including new and innovative delivery approaches, at both graduate and undergraduate levels.
5. Revise and update existing graduate and undergraduate courses and curriculum in the accounting discipline.
6. Coach, mentor, and evaluate adjunct faculty in select accounting courses.
7. Actively participate in the development of assessment plans and programs for existing and new courses.
8. Actively participate in and support existing and ongoing assessment plans and programs.
9. Actively engage in research (both of a practical and/or theoretical nature) for the purpose of energizing classroom experience and also for maintaining and remaining academically & professionally qualified.
10. Participate in the University community with service on committees and co-sponsor in Volunteer Income Tax Assistance.
1. Ph. D. in Accounting or at least a Master’s degree in accounting or a related business discipline, active CPA, and at least five (5) years of full-time work experience in accounting.
2. Strong communication skills and the ability to energize and excite student audience to be fully engaged and active in the learning process. Faculty member would be expected to maintain current CPA license.
3. Ability to work with international students who come from diverse cultures and backgrounds, for whom English is a second language.
4. Teaching experience in an online learning environment is preferred.
5. This position requires the faculty member to office at the Bellevue University Campus in Bellevue, NE. This is not a virtual faculty position.
How to apply
In addition to the online application, please attach the following:
*A letter of Intent
*Contact Information for three references
*Statement of Teaching Philosophy
Bellevue University, the largest private, non-profit University in Nebraska, is located just south of Omaha and is part of a vibrant and prosperous metropolitan area of nearly 1 million residents with three major universities and five Fortune 100 companies. Offutt Air Force Base, home to US STRATCOM, is one mile south of the university. We emphasize teaching excellence, cyber-active learning, and interactive education. Benefits (health, dental, vision, tuition, etc.) are available with this position.