Founded: In 1949
Locations: Three campuses in two cities (Dalian and Panjin). It covers a total area of 4.335 million square meters (1071 acres) with a construction area of 1.424 million square meters (352 acres)
Enrollment: over 34,700 full-time students, including over 3,700 Ph. D. students, 9,600 Master students, 20,700 undergraduates and more than 700 international students
Faculty: over 3,600 faculty members, including about 2,000 full-time teachers, 600 Ph.D. supervisors, and 600 professors
Brief: Dalian University of Technology (DUT) is a national key university under the direct administration of the Ministry of Education of China, has achieved a highly recognized reputation as one of the key institutions of higher education supported by the “985 Project” and the “211 Project” . It ranks 375 in 2016 US News World University Ranking.
DUT keeps the education of talents as its primary mission and attaches equal importance to undergraduate and graduate programs. It has formed a multidisciplinary system which focuses on science and engineering and coordinates science, engineering, economics, management, humanities, law, philosophy and arts. It has now 4 national key primary disciplines and 6 national key secondary disciplines, 27 Ph. D. programs in the primary disciplines, and 128 Ph.D. programs in the secondary disciplines, 42 Master programs in the primary disciplines and 218 Master programs in the secondary disciplines, 24 post-doctoral research stations and 77 undergraduate programs, including 23 national special programs.
Introduction to Faculty of Management and Economics, DUT
The Faculty of Management and Economics (FME) is located in the main campus of Dalian University of Technology in coastal city—Dalian. With thirty years history, she is the first institution to import modern management education to main-land China and launched the first MBA program in mainland China, thus the Faculty earned the reputation of the forerunner China’s modern management education and the birthplace of China’s MBA education. The largest Chinese Management Case Center are initiated and operated by us.
- FME are successfully AACSB accredited in Feb, 2015.
- The discipline of Business Management in FME ranks the seventh in the third round evaluation of China Discipline Ranking by Chinese Ministry of Education.
- The discipline of Management Science and Engineer in FME ranks the third in the second round evaluation of China Discipline Ranking by Chinese Ministry of Education.
- A successful candidate must have Ph.D degree or have been doing post-doc from an internationally renowned university.
- A successful candidate must have a good professional background, academic potential and internationalized vision, and have published papers on famous international journals in the field.
- A successful candidate must be capable of engaging in teaching and scientific research and be able to give related specialized courses.
- Assistant professors with overseas Ph.D degree or overseas post-doc experience are offered RMB 180,000 annual salary. Instructors selected in FME Talented Youth Fund will be offered additional allowance (RMB 50,000 or 30,000 per year). Associate professors and professors’ payment are negotiable.
- Outstanding applicants from overseas can apply for DUT “Xinghai 1000 Talented Youth Plan”, which will be offered 250,000 – 350,000 annual salary, and start-up funds (RMB 500,000).
- Besides the university scientific start-up funds, FME provides scientific research funds of RMB 15,000 per year.
- In accordance with the relevant rules and regulations, DUT provides settling-in allowance and housing allowance.
- FME assists to arrange DUT kindergartner or DUT primary school for kids.
Dalian, the second largest city in Liaoning province, is at the southern tip of Liaoning Peninsula. It is located west of Yellow Sea and east of Bohai Sea. Dalian is one of the five cities specially designated in the state plan and one of the fifteen cities of sub-provincial administrative status in China, as well as one of the fourteen open coastal cities in China. As a window for northeast China to open to the world, Dalian is also the shipping, logistics and regional financial center of Northeast Asia.
As a coastal city in Northeast China, Dalian is neither bitterly cold in winter nor extremely hot in summer. It is, therefore, famous as “window of Northeast China”, “Pearl of North China” and “City of Romance”. In 2001, the United Nations Environment Program awarded Global 500 Roll of Honor for Environmental Achievement to Dalian, marking it the first Chinese city to win this honor. In 2006, it was one of the three cities named as “The Best Cities to Visit in China”, along with Chengdu and Hangzhou.
Dalian is the host city of Annual Meeting of the New Championship, also known as Summer Davos. In 2010, Dalian was listed as the eighth most competitive cities in China (Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR and Taiwan province included).
For more information, please check the website of Dalian Tourism Administration: http://en.visitdl.com/Web/Content/dQ.htm
How to apply
Faculty of Management and Economics, Dalian University of Technology
116024, Dalian, P.R. China
Tel: (86411) 84708344;