Chemical EngineeringProposed Minimum Salary
$8,000.00 monthlyJob Location
Prairie View, TexasJob Type
This position is responsible for teaching undergraduate and graduate courses and providing advisement to students. Primary duties include, but are not limited to, teaching; researching; conducting scholarly activities; providing support to the department and university; writing proposals; obtaining funding; conducting cutting edge research and publishing in peer review journals.
- The faculty is required to provide service to the department, college, university, community and profession. This service may include serving on committees, outreach and recruitment activities, serving as adviser to student chapters, work with department head and other faculty to enhance the visibility of the department and university. Perform other duties as assigned. (non-essential).
- The candidate is expected to write proposals and obtain funding and conduct cutting edge research and publish in peer reviewed journals. Advise graduate and undergraduate students with research and enhance the research profile of the department.
Required Education & Experience:
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Doctorate Degree
- 3 years experience in teaching different Chemical Engineering subjects at an HBCU, or alternatively, another type of MSI.
- Prior experience in research, including proposal writing, project execution with training of students, and publication of results.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral, written, and electronic communication skills.
- Ability to effectively use personal computer to communicate, prepare proposals to include cost information on spread sheet as applicable, and provide reports of activities.
- Ability to effectively communicate with faculty, students, and staff. Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
- Familiarity and ability to master chemical process simulation software such as ASPEN and/or HYSYS.
- The candidate is expected t teach graduate and undergraduate courses as assigned and provide advisement to students. The course lead and the specific courses vary from semester to semester. The faculty is also expected to develop new courses in their area of expertise.
Job Posting Close Date:
- Open Until Filled
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Doctorate DegreePh.D. in Chemical Engineering
- 3 years experience in teaching different Chemical Engineering subjects at an HBCU, or alternatively, another type of MSI. Prior experience in research, including proposal writing, project execution with training of students, and publication of results.
Please attach all required documents listed below in the attachment box labeled as either “Resume/CV or Resume/Cover Letter” on the application. Multiple attachments may be included in the “Resume/CV” or Resume/Cover Letter” attachment box. Any additional attachments provided outside of the required documents listed below are considered optional.
- Cover Letter
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
How to apply
All applicants are required to apply via our Career Site on or before the closing date indicated on the job posting. Applicant inquiries received via email and websites such as Indeed, HigherEdJobs, etc. will not be considered unless the individual has applied to the available position via the PVAMU Career site.
The required documents listed in the above Required Attachments section must be attached to the application prior to the job closing date indicated to ensure full consideration for the application submitted. Please contact the Office of Human Resource on or before the closing date indicated above at 936-261-1730 or firstname.lastname@example.org should you need assistance with the online application process.
Background Check Requirements:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the agency’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by agency procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.