TITLE: Assistant Professor
POSITION NUMBER: 19714 (Faculty)
LOCATION: CIS/College of Science and Technology
CONTRACT PERIOD: 9 months
DEADLINE DATE: 2/17/2017
Minimum Qualifications: Applicants must have a Ph.D. in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology or a closely related field. Successful applicants will demonstrate a commitment to excellence in teaching and research and a willingness to help foster the undergraduate and graduate experience at Florida Agricultural and Mechancial University.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have:
- Ability to read and interpret documents and procedure manuals;
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondences;
- Ability to speak effectively before groups or employees of organizations;
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with variety of situations where only limited standardization exists and creativity is required; and
- Ability to interpret a varity of instructions furnished in written oral diagram or schedule form.
How to apply
Applicant should submit the following: (1) Cover letter that explains suitability for position, (2) a FAMU employment application (go to http://www.famu.edu/index.cfm?hr&Employment), (3) a current curriculum vitae, (4) the names, addresses, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of three professional references, and (5) unofficial copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts.
Equal Opportunity/Equal Access University: Florida A&M University is an Equal Opportunity Employer including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Reasonable Accommodation: If you require a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity Programs 10 days prior to the event at (850) 599-3076.