Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Date of appointment: August 21, 2018
The Department of Environmental & Technological Studies and the Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering at St. Cloud State University is seeking applications from qualified candidates for a fixed-term position at the Assistant Professor level in the areas of Manufacturing Engineering Technology and Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering with an appointment starting date of August 21, 2018. Information about the departments is available at https://www.stcloudstate.edu/ets/ and https://www.stcloudstate.edu/mme. The position will include some teaching responsibilities in the Manufacturing Engineering Technology and Manufacturing Engineering programs.
The ideal candidate will share St. Cloud State’s commitment to our mission and values, especially our commitment to educating our racially and socio-economically diverse student population. Applicants will be expected to establish and maintain a professional goal to become outstanding teachers through the use of research based, best practices pedagogy. They should be willing to participate in teaching using alternative delivery methods such as online and hybrid. They will regularly engage in ongoing professional development and innovation opportunities focused on pedagogical growth offered within the College and at SCSU
The responsibilities of this faculty position include teaching undergraduate courses in Manufacturing Engineering Technology, Manufacturing Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering. Directing a senior capstone project may also be required.
The candidate should demonstrate the ability to: teach effectively, produce a record of scholarly or creative achievement or research, participate in continuing preparation and study, contribute to student growth and development, and provide service to the department, university, and/or community*.
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at: http://ifo.org/contract-benefits/contract/.
Qualifications and experience:
· Masters in Manufacturing Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering Technology or closely related field
· Ability to develop and deliver lab based manufacturing curriculum
· Evidence of demonstrated ability to teach and work with persons from culturally diverse backgrounds
· Doctorate in Manufacturing Engineering or closely related field
· Experience teaching at the post-secondary level
· Expertise in CAD/CAM and automation
· Ability to teach undergraduate manufacturing engineering and manufacturing engineering technology courses such as CIM, tool design, facility design, quality, and /or metrology.
· Experience directing student teams with industry projects
How to apply
To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website or directly at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/stcloudstate/default.cfm
Application Review begins February 11, 2018; position is open until filled.
Only complete applications will be considered. A complete application will include the following:
· Cover Letter
· Resume/Curriculum Vitae
· Contact information for three (3) current, professional references
· Copies of Transcript(s) (undergraduate/graduate); if advanced to finalist official transcripts will be required
Additional documents that may be reviewed:
· Evidence of teaching excellence and effectiveness in teaching, including course evaluations or peer evaluations
Kurt Helgeson, Search Committee Chair
Environmental & Technological Studies Department Chair