The new Mechanical Engineering (MENG) Program at the University of Houston-Clear Lake (UHCL) invites applications for a tenure track faculty position at the Assistant Professor level. The anticipated starting date is fall 2019.
- The successful candidate is expected to contribute to the development and growth of the MENG program.
- Develop and teach undergraduate MENG courses.
- Seek external funding and establish an appropriate research program that leads to peer reviewed publications.
- Provide service to the program, university and profession; including active support of the MENG program ABET accreditation efforts.
- The successful candidate must have earned a Doctorate degree in Mechanical Engineering in the area of Thermal/Fluid Sciences with primary expertise in Thermodynamics, Thermal/Fluid Systems Design, and Energy Conversion. Candidates with a terminal degree in a closely related discipline with similar primary expertise and at least one degree in Mechanical Engineering will be considered.
- A successful candidate must be strongly committed to undergraduate teaching, research, advising, and laboratory skills development.
- It is expected that this faculty member will lead the thermal/fluids laboratory instruction.
- All candidates must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Preference will be given to candidates with an earned B.S. from an ABET accredited Mechanical Engineering program, a demonstrated record of undergraduate teaching excellence and evidence of the potential to develop appropriate, externally funded and publishable research studies.
- Professional registration, or practical experience with industry or government will also be favorably reviewed.
Full-time position with benefits. Background check required.
How to apply
To apply, please complete the online faculty application and attach a letter of interest, and your current curriculum vitae. Three letters of recommendation and official transcripts will be required for the finalists who are invited for on-campus interviews and a Background check is required. The University of Houston-Clear Lake is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation. We reserve the right to extend searches or not fill positions. UHCL offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Women and minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Review of applications or nominations will continue until the position is filled.