Posting Number: F2018-042
Department: School of Nursing
This is a full-time, nine-month, tenure-track faculty position responsible for contributing significantly to Stephen F. Austin State University’s undergraduate and/or graduate programs through teaching, scholarship/creative accomplishment and service. Works under minimal supervision, with extensive latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Reports to the Chair.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs an equivalent of eight teaching units of work during the regular academic year; reduction of teaching load through reassignment of duties is possible under certain circumstances.
- Engages in research/scholarly/creative and service activities at levels that are appropriate to faculty rank and departmental tenure/merit criteria.
- Provides services to the university and the profession.
- Participates in promotion review of lower-ranked faculty members within the department.
- When tenured, participates in tenure review of candidates for tenure.
- May conduct supplemental instructional activities such as independent studies, internships, advising and thesis/dissertation supervision.
Non-Essential Job Functions:
- May receive course-load reassignment when assigned administrative duties in support of the department/college/university.
- May receive course-load reassignment when assigned to prepare course material during the first semester/year when included as part of initial contract.
- May receive course-load reassignment when approved to engage in research or scholarly/creative activities and service that exceed normal expectations.
- May supervise the work of student and/or graduate assistants.
- May serve on departmental, college and university committees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Extensive knowledge in the field in which the individual will be teaching.
- Ability to effectively teach undergraduate and/or graduate students.
- Ability to conduct research and/or commitment to production of scholarly/creative accomplishments and service.
- Ability to work within a collaborative faculty environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Ability to work effectively and patiently with students.
Terminal degree in the field in which the individual will be teaching is required. ABD candidates may be considered if Ph.D. is earned prior to start date.
Required Experience and Training:
The rank of assistant professor is held by an individual who demonstrates the capability to produce research/scholarly/creative accomplishments, teach effectively, and provide service to the academic and general communities.
How to apply
Transcripts from every college attended should be attached.