Commensurate with qualifications and experience. Vacancies at SCSU are contingent on university budgets and funding.
Date of appointment: August 21, 2018
Fixed-term appointment for 2018-2019 academic year
The Art Department at St. Cloud State University seeks an individual to teach a full range of undergraduate art education courses and foundation studio courses. The one year position is in a department that serves studio art, graphic design, art education and art history students along with general education students.
The Art Department serves 210 studio art, graphic design, art education, and art history students. The department is part of the School of the Arts and has a strong commitment to interdisciplinary contemporary art and design practice. The Kiehle Visual Arts Center sits on the banks of the Mississippi River, sixty miles northwest of the Twin Cities metropolitan area which is home to the Walker Art Center, the Minneapolis Institute of Art, and a variety of other art galleries, centers, and institutions. St. Cloud State University is a regional comprehensive university of approximately 15,000 students and is an accredited member of the National Association of Schools of Art and Design.
Duties include teaching art methods courses, an education-related crafts course, and studio foundation courses. The successful candidate will serve as a liaison with the School of Education and advise art education majors depending on department need. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to: 1) teach and/or perform assignments effectively; 2) conduct scholarly and/or creative work and research; 3) continue preparation and study in the discipline; 4) contribute to student growth and development; and 5) provide service to the department, university, and community. (IFO Article 22, Section B). Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at: http://www.hr.mnscu.edu/contract_plans/documents/IFO_09_11_Contract.pdf
Qualifications and experience:
- MA, MS, or MEd in art education or equivalent required by date of appointment.
- Must have held K-12 licensure in art education with 3 years of K-12 teaching experience.
- The successful candidate will be effective in working with art education majors who seek careers as art teachers and practicing artists.
- Evidence of demonstrated ability to teach and work with persons from culturally diverse backgrounds.
- MFA and an active studio practice.
- Experience teaching at the college level, including teaching assistantships.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website or directly at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/stcloudstate/default.cfm
Application Review begins February 11, 2018; position is open until filled. Only complete applications will be considered. Note: each required document must be uploaded for your application to be considered. A complete application will include the following:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- 20 Images of personal work formatted as a multi-page PDF with accompanying Image List (including title, medium, date of completion for each work)
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Complete contact information for three (3) current, professional references
- Verification of Licensure
- Copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts. If advanced to finalist, official transcripts will be required.
Peter Happel Christian, Search Committee Chair
Associate Professor of Art, Integrated Media