Storm Lake, IA
Buena Vista University invites application for a full-time, tenure track Assistant Professor of Counselor Education. The successful candidate will assume a range of responsibilities including: teaching, research, and university service. Primary responsibilities are teaching a range of core counseling courses and focused courses in the mental health counseling option; assist in coordination of the mental health counseling program; mentoring and supervising graduate students; participating in assessment and program improvement; contributing to university service; and pursuing scholarly professional activities. Candidates should be prepared to deliver courses through a variety of formats (online, hybrid, and face-to-face).
Buena Vista University’s main 60-acre campus is situated on the shores of beautiful Storm Lake, a 3,200-acre natural lake located in northwest Iowa. Storm Lake is one of Iowa’s most diverse communities. It is one of Iowa’s premier vacation spots, with an array of retail shopping and dining opportunities, and a vibrant arts and cultural environment. Businesses of various sizes ranging from small businesses to multinational corporations thrive in this northwest Iowa city. Storm Lake residents enjoy a relatively low cost of living and a high quality of life.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidate will have:
- An earned doctorate in Counselor Education from a CACREP accredited program by date of appointment;
- An established professional identity as a Counselor Educator through affiliation with relevant counseling associations;
- Evidence of successful teaching and communication skills in Counselor Education;
- Experience providing supervision to counselors-in-training;
- Licensure or eligibility for licensure as a licensed mental health counselor in the state of Iowa within one year of hire. If not currently licensed, please describe in detail what steps will need to be complete
- Demonstrated support for the university’s mission
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively
- Demonstrated organizational skills, including problem solving and attention to detail
- Contribute to the connectivity between faculty, staff, and students in the professional environment;
- Experience with CACREP standards and familiarity with the accreditation process; Experience in hybrid and online instruction and development;
- A demonstrated ability to actively collaborate and communicate with colleagues, local stakeholders, and within the profession;
- A demonstrated interest in working with diverse populations and social justice advocacy issues;
How to apply
Review of complete applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please submit letter of application addressing qualifications and required skills, curriculum vitae, teaching portfolio, a copy of unofficial transcripts, and three letters of recommendation, electronically at https://secure4.saashr.com/ta/6013429.jobs?ShowJob=201645826&prevScreenX=0&prevScreenY=475.3333435058594.
This position is not eligible for an employer-sponsored visa; and, all applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. A background check will be conducted on the final candidate. Buena Vista University is an Equal Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act/Smoke-Free Employer.