The School of Education at the University of Indianapolis is seeking applications for an Assistant Professor of Educational Leadership. This 9-month tenure-track Assistant Professor will teach graduate level classes in the field of educational leadership for P-12 practitioners, supervise students in fieldwork experiences, and will be expected to maintain a focus in teaching, scholarship, and service as well as collaborate with colleagues throughout the university. The candidate will be expected to work with students on and off campus, face-to-face and in online environments and maintain an active scholarly research agenda including publications and presentations. The candidate will engage with faculty and students in a manner that highlights professionalism and collegiality.
Note to Applicants: As a part of this application, you will be asked to submit a curriculum vitae, cover letter, transcript, and list of three professional references. We ask that you upload your curriculum vitae in the resume section of the application.
- Program Management: organize all signature project reviews each semester: this includes, but is not limited to, recruiting reviewers, assigning reviewers to presenters, developing orientation materials, etc.
- Mentoring: supervise the iLEAD mentors
- Marketing/recruitment: support graduate admissions as subject content expert on iLEAD program; support marketing communication plan, and respond to candidate questions as needed
- Clinical Supervision: travel to candidates’ schools and meet face-to-face with candidates and their mentors
- Assessment: score the final field rubrics, host post conferences, and liaison with program instructors
- Seek internal and external grants and funding to support students, program and research
- Masters in Educational Leadership, School Counseling, or a closely related field required; Educational Specialist or Doctorate preferred
- Experience as a P-12 teacher and P-12 building leader is required
- Expertise and teaching interests within one or more of the following areas: school finance, policy analysis, instructional leadership, school counseling, or school law
- Preference will be given to individuals who have demonstrated experience teaching in a hybrid or on-line environment; graduate-level teaching experience; and the promise of or commitment to an active research and grant-seeking agenda
- P-12 building administrator, school counseling, or closely related teaching license field preferred
- Multicultural experience is highly desired
- Clean or acceptable driving record is required
- Tuition Discount
- Free Parking
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance