Job no: 509045
Classification: Assistant Professor (F9)
Grade: UNAC Grade 30
Work type: Faculty Full-time
Administrative Unit: University of Alaska Anchorage
School/Business unit: College of Health
Categories: Health Profession
Support University of Alaska tripartite mission of performing teaching, research and public service Support expansion of Department of Health Sciences, with primary focus on new undergraduate tracks, but also opportunity to collaborate with graduate program in public health Essential
Knowledge, Skills and abilities required for this position –
- Doctoral degree in relevant discipline or health science graduate degree in professional practice; experience preferred.
- Strong commitment to undergraduate education and/or experience teaching undergraduate courses.
- Experience in northern, indigenous, and/or circumpolar health issues, and/or clear willingness to learn.
- Experience working with private and public external constituencies.
- Ability to engage in collaborative teaching, service, and research, including community-engaged and service learning work with undergraduate students.
- The ability to acquire funding from external sources.
Doctorate in related field the time of appointment.
Length of time and type of experience required for this position
- Teaching experience in health science is required. Undergraduate teaching and/or mentoring experience preferred.
- Applicants with record of funding research and/or service are desired.
- Participate in university, professional, and community service activities.
- Develop and sustain active research agenda that supports the mission of the department, college and university.
How to apply
The applicant must be eligible to work in the United States; no work visas are available for this position.
Salary will be based upon applicable academic preparation, and experience.
The University of Alaska is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and educational institution. The University of Alaska does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, physical or mental disability, status as a protected veteran, marital status, changes in marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, parenthood, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, or other legally protected status. The University’s commitment to non-discrimination, including against sex discrimination, applies to students, employees, and applicants for admission and employment. Contact information, applicable laws, and complaint procedures are included on UA’s statement of non-discrimination available at www.alaska.edu/