Job no: 509694
Classification: Assistant Professor (A9)
Grade: UNAC Grade 30
Work type: Faculty Full-time
Administrative Unit: University of Alaska Anchorage
School/Business unit: College of Health
Categories: Health Profession
POSITION: Assistant Professor of Health Sciences in the College of Health
UAA Department of Health Sciences seeks an innovative, energetic individual who has passion for building a strong health science education and service program that addresses health in the State Alaska and beyond.
Faculty member will support University of Alaska bipartite mission of performing teaching and public service. Responsibilities: Provide instructional support to undergraduate level students: work with other faculty and staff to plan, implement and evaluate existing health science curriculum; participate in university and community service activities.
Support continued growth of the program, including development of innovative collaborative curriculum partnerships with other academic and community partners. All faculty are expected to support independent studies and support the growth of the health science department.
Knowledge, Skills and abilities required for this position:
- Masters or Doctoral degree in relevant discipline; health science graduate degree with professional practice experience preferred.
- Experience with distance education, and /or willingness to learn.
- Knowledge in northern and/or circumpolar health issues, and/or clear willingness to learn.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience working with private and public external constituencies.
- Ability to engage in collaborative teaching and service.
Masters or Doctorate in related field the time of appointment.
Length of time and type of experience required for this position:
- Teaching and/or curriculum development experience in health science is required.
- Applicants with experience in distance delivery of instruction are desired.
- Provide classroom and academic support for health science students; work with other faculty and staff to plan, implement and evaluate existing health science curriculum and support for the development of the same.
- Participate in university and community service activities.
Tenure-track, assistant professor rank, 9 months per year
How to apply
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must upload the following documents to their online application:
- Cover letter highlighting qualifications that meet the requirements of this position.
- Comprehensive resume/CV including the names and contact information of three professional references
Special Conditions of Employment:
Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States; no work visas are available for this position.
Successful applicant must provide official transcripts documenting academic credentials required for the position.
The University of Alaska is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and educational institution. The University of Alaska does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, physical or mental disability, status as a protected veteran, marital status, changes in marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, parenthood, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, or other legally protected status. The University’s commitment to non-discrimination, including against sex discrimination, applies to students, employees, and applicants for admission and employment. Contact information, applicable laws, and complaint procedures are included on UA’s statement of non-discrimination available at www.alaska.edu/titleIXcompliance/nondiscrimination.