Position Number: 53062495
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Multi-Campus
The University of North Georgia (UNG) is currently accepting applications for an Assistant Professor of Management position in the Mike Cottrell College of Business (MCCB). This is a ten-month, tenure-track position with a start date in Fall 2018. Primary teaching and research responsibilities will be for international business and strategic management.? The MCCB is AACSB accredited, offers programs on four campuses, and serves more than 4,000 business students. The position is advertised for multi-campus teaching.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 19,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university’s signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG’s Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- This job requires teaching undergraduate and possibly graduate management courses in the Management & Marketing department.
- Additional requirements include advising students, engaging with the college, university and business communities, producing relevant and active scholarship consistent with AACSB accreditation standards, and contributing to a respectful and collegial college culture.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Candidates should demonstrate excellent communication skills as well as the interpersonal abilities to work successfully with students, faculty, the broader university, and the North Georgia regional community.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- A Ph.D. in Management or International Business is required at time of hire.
- This position requires teaching undergraduate and possibly graduate courses, advising students, engaging with the college, university and business communities, producing relevant and active scholarship consistent with AACSB accreditation standards, and contributing to a respectful and collegial college culture.
- Position requires noteworthy teaching and student engagement, contemporary knowledge in the field, and the utilization of latest research methodologies.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to innovative learning; produce relevant research in peer-reviewed journals; engage with the business community to further the goals of the Mike Cottrell College of Business; and embrace an enthusiastic commitment to management education.
Anticipated Hire Date:
How to apply
Apply online. Required Documents:
Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Unofficial Transcripts
Special Instructions to Applicants:
If you received any graduate degrees from an institution outside the United States, you must provide a foreign course-by-course credential evaluation by an independent evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES). Find a full list of NACES members at http://www.naces.org/members.htm.
Please submit contact information for three professional references.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.