The Department of Health Professions is inviting applications for a 9-month, tenure-track position with rank of Assistant Professor in the Program of Nutritional Sciences. The role of the faculty member will be to teach undergraduate courses in the Nutritional Sciences Program such as, but not limited to: Basic Nutrition, Food & Culture, Introduction to Nutritional Sciences, The Science of Food, Food Systems Management, & Health Careers Professionalism. Position requires onsite and online teaching knowledge and skills. Other responsibilities include advising undergraduate dietetic and nutrition students, representing the program to the general public through participation in professional organizations, scholarship, evaluation, recruitment, serving on committees and participating in official activities at the program, department, college, and university levels, and other assigned duties. The position reports to the Nutritional Science Program Chair or the Department of Health Professions Chair.
- Teach onsite and online undergraduate courses in multiple areas of Nutritional Sciences from basic to advanced nutrition, food preparation, food science principles, and food systems management.
- Advise undergraduate students.
- Recruit nutritional sciences students.
- Participate in curriculum, program development, maintenance, and program accreditation.
- Engage in professional and scholarly activities, e.g., teaching, discovery, integration, &/or application appropriate to the assistant or associate professor rank, including grant writing, research, and dissemination of findings.
- Engage in professional, departmental, college, and university activities; and involvement in university, community, and student organization services.
- Represent the program to the general public through participation in professional organizations.
A minimum of Master’s degree required; earned Doctorate degree strongly preferred in the following field(s) of study: Food and Nutrition, Nutrition, Dietetics, or closely related field; ABD considered. Doctorate required for assistant professor rank and tenure track.
Required Licenses, Certificates, Registrations, & State/Federal requirements of position (specify): Dietetic registration (RD/RDN) and licensure in the State of Oklahoma (LD)
Commitment to excellence in teaching and learning as evidenced by a presentation during the campus visit with students present.
Minimum three years experience post credentialing as a professional registered dietitian.
Minimum three years recent food management work experience as a professional registered dietitian.
Minimum two years experience in university teaching. Some education may be substituted for experience.
Research/scholarly activity a plus.
How to apply
Qualified applicants must obtain licensure in Oklahoma prior to start of employment.