Percussion Artist/Educator: Teach all levels of applied percussion including diverse global styles, jazz improvisation, percussion ensemble, percussion methods, percussion literature, history, and pedagogy. Co-direct percussion area activities. This position requires active involvement in service, recruitment and community outreach, as well as collaborative performances with faculty and students.
The successful candidate should possess the credentials, experience and documented achievements appropriate for appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor, including:
· Completed doctorate in percussion preferred; ABD with specific completion date will be considered.
· Evidence of a high level of performance and successful teaching.
Nine-month, tenure-track appointment commencing August 1, 2017.
Rank and Salary:
Rank and salary commensurate with experience.
About the University:
The University of Tennessee at Martin is a primary campus in the University of Tennessee System. The campus is located in Northwest Tennessee approximately 125 miles north of Memphis and 150 miles west of Nashville. The University of Tennessee at Martin has a growing enrollment of approximately 7,000 students. The emphasis is solidly on excellence in undergraduate instruction. We seek candidates who demonstrate a similar commitment.
About the Department of Music:
The Department of Music is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music. It has 100 majors with 17 faculty members and three staff members, and was recently designated an All-Steinway School. In 2013, the department moved into the new Fine Arts Building, a state of the art facility complete with a dedicated music education classroom. Degrees offered are the Bachelor of Music in Music Education, Performance, Performance/Pedagogy, and the Bachelor of Arts in Music.
How to apply
1. To apply for this position, complete an online application at the Office of Human Resources webpage – http://www.utm.edu/departments/personnel/employment.php.
2. Attach the following documents to the online application:
· Letter of application
· Curriculum vitae
· Statement of teaching philosophy
· Copies of transcripts (Unofficial transcripts are acceptable for the initial application. Official transcripts will be required of candidates invited for on-campus interviews.)
· Names and contact information of three professional references, (in addition to the three letters of recommendation)
3. Submit the following to the address below:
· Hard copies of three current letters of recommendation
· Digital access or links to recordings of recent performances
Dr. Douglas Owens, Chair
Coordinator of Percussion Search Committee
Department of Music
108 Fine Arts
16 Mt. Pelia Road
The University of Tennessee at Martin
Martin, TN 38238
Phone: (731) 881-7414
All documents and files submitted electronically should be labeled with the following information – full name (last/first), position title, title of file or document.
Review of Applications will begin February 3, 2017 and continue until the position is filled.
The University of Tennessee is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/ Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.