Posting Number: F0543
Department: Physician Assistant Studies
Job Description SummaryLock Haven University invites applications for 2 part-time (25% each), temporary faculty positions in its fully accredited masters level Physician Assistant Program at the Lock Haven Campus beginning on or about May 21, 2018 and ending August 17, 2018.
Essential DutiesThis position may require development and teaching of courses online.
- Faculty will be assigned to the Lock Haven Main Campus with teaching responsibilities at other teaching locations as assigned.
- Teach lectures within a team based modular format~ approximately 5 hours per semester.
- Supervise and visit second year PA students ~ 4 per semester.
- Facilitate summer physical diagnosis labs, 2 afternoons per week, ~6 lab sessions
- Facilitate small group instruction.
- Proctor first and second year examinations and evaluate student performance on OSCE examinations.
- Post Office hours 1 day per week for 2 hours
- Attend department faculty meetings.
- Attend “PA Day” Activities and participate in student assessments, and provide lecture support.
- Meet with student advisees during “PA day” activities.
Minimum Qualifications (Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Masters degree or higher as a physician assistant or in a health related discipline.
- Must have a current NCCPA certification (or board eligibility in a related field) as well as eligibility to practice within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- The successful candidate must be able to communicate well and/or perform well in an interview or teaching demonstration.
- Masters Degree or higher in a related discipline
- NCCPA certified physician assistant or licensed, board certified primary care physician
How to apply
Apply onlineReview of applications will begin immediately and continue until filled.
This position is dependent upon funding and enrollment.
Official transcripts are required at the time of an on-campus interview.
The successful candidate will also have to complete a background investigation as a condition of employment.
Applicant must provide the name, email address, phone number for three professional references.
About LHUA career at Lock Haven University (LHU) is a distinctly unique and exciting opportunity. We encourage and support diversity and international perspectives within the working and learning environment. LHU is located in central Pennsylvania along the Susquehanna River and the picturesque Bald Eagle Mountains. LHU is one of fourteen universities in the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education (PASSHE).