General Statement of Duties: Full-time, tenure-track assistant professor in the area of Clinical/Counseling Psychology. The candidate must be able to teach undergraduate courses in the core curriculum (e.g., Introduction to Psychological Science, Abnormal Psychology, and Psychology of Personality) as well as elective courses in the candidate’s area of specialization. Doctorate in Psychology required. Specialization in diversity or cross-cultural studies preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Teaching workload (24 semester hours of credit instruction per school year), and preparation for classroom instruction.
2. Teach courses in Introduction to Psychological Science, Abnormal Psychology, and Psychology of Personality.
3. Provide student assistance including academic advising.
4. Participate in curriculum review and development, program reviews and student outcomes assessment and departmental and college-wide committees.
5. Attend university functions, including commencement, convocation, and faculty, committee and department meetings.
6. Participate in scheduled orientation and registration programs.
7. Engage in continuing scholarship and professional activities, which may include contribution to the content of the discipline, participation in or contribution to professional organizations and societies, public service and contributions to the professional growth and development of the university community.
8. Opportunities to teach summer, winter term, online, and undergraduate and graduate evening courses.
1. Requires a Psy.D. or Ph.D. from an APA accredited program in Clinical or Counseling Psychology.
2. Ability to lead a research program that could involve undergraduates.
3. Ability to integrate appropriate technology and software in teaching.
4. Commitment to excellence in teaching, demonstrated teaching experience appropriate to the level of appointment, and evidence of scholarly/creative activity.
5. Ability to work effectively with a diverse student body.
6. Must be able to satisfactorily pass a check conducted by the Criminal History Systems Board (CORI) as well as a completed background check satisfactory to the university.
7. Ability to perform all duties with or without reasonable accommodations.
How to apply
For a full job description and to apply, please visit our jobsite at http://jobs.fitchburgstate.edu