Barry University, Department of Communication is currently seeking a nine-month continuing track position in public relations at the rank of Assistant Professor. The successful applicant will be expected to teach both undergraduate and graduate courses, contribute to student advising, participate in University life, and contribute to scholarly research.
Communication is one of ten departments in the College of Arts and Sciences. The department of Communication features a diverse, international faculty of scholars. We welcome applicants capable of contributing to the department’s global and diverse orientation toward communication studies.
The department offers major programs of study in Advertising, Public Relations, Communication & Media Studies, and Broadcast/Emerging Media. The MA in Communication contains specializations in Public Relations/Corporate Communication as well as Health & Development Communication.
- Teach classes in all levels of the Public Relations major.
- Teach advanced speech classes and business/professional communication courses.
- Updating existing courses as needed, the chosen applicant will also have opportunities to shape the curriculum by developing courses in strategic writing, social and digital media, and digital media production.
- Helping to integrate the PR and Advertising programs to ensure curricular relevance and maximization of resources.
- Ph.D. in Communication or closely related field required.
- Knowledge and teaching experience in contemporary practices and theories of public relations required.
- Experience with on-line course delivery preferred.
How to apply
Applications should include a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and names and contact information of three references.
Benefits: Barry University offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees that includes health, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement, tuition assistance, paid time off and work/life balance initiatives such as wellness programs, spirituality in the workplace, and training and development.
The employment process will consist of the completion of an application, background and reference checks, interviews, and skill assessment testing where applicable.
Barry University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, life, retirement, tuition assistance, paid time off and work/life balance initiatives such as wellness programs, spirituality in the workplace and training and development.
Barry University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Barry University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Barry University does not discriminate applicants or employees for terms of employment on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, familial status, marital status, pregnancy, age, disability status, veteran status or any other terms prohibited under county ordinance, state or federal law.