Extension, Clark – University of Nevada, Reno
The University of Nevada, Reno (UNR) appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you need assistance or have questions regarding the application process, please contact the Human Resources helpline at (775) 784-1495 or email@example.com.
For clinical physicians, if you have questions or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the clinical physician recruitment helpline at (775) 784-6778.
The University of Nevada, Reno Cooperative Extension, Las Vegas office is seeking for a full time innovative leader/registered dietician (RD) in the field of Interdisciplinary Nutrition in Clark County Nevada. This position will be 60% teaching, 35% research and 5% service. This position is a Specialist 12-month, full-time, tenure-track faculty position in the Health and Nutrition field.
The faculty/Specialist will incorporate input from and collaborate with community leaders, organizations, agencies, stakeholders as well as Extension faculty and other Nevada System of Higher Education colleagues. This position will provide expertise in the area of Interdisciplinary nutrition over the life span, chronic disease management and prevention and address the social determinants of health/nutrition including policies, systems and environmental approaches; establish evidenced-based programming based on identified needs; and conduct applied research that support the mission of University of Nevada Cooperative Extension.
The primary focus of this position is to:
- Identify the needs for community and nutrition programming in Urban Clark County and the state of Nevada.
- Develop community and population based programming utilizing policies, systems and environmental approaches as well as direct education.
- Develop culturally responsive approaches to program delivery for specific race/ethnicities and underrepresented populations.
- Secure extramural funding to support programming and research.
- Document evidenced based outcomes to implement Interdisciplinary Nutrition approaches and strategies.
This position will work out of the Clark County Lifelong Learning Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. Travel throughout the state will commensurate with some statewide responsibilities of this position. Las Vegas is an urban setting located in the Southern Nevada area of Clark County. It is a diverse and internationally recognized metropolitan area in which over 80% of Nevada’s population lives.
A Ph.D. (or terminal degree) in nutrition, public health, or other closely related field.
Registered Dietician (RD).
- Experience in Extension programming.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in population-based public health/nutrition programming in urban community settings.
- Experience in population based approaches in an urban environment.
- Experience in assessing/determining community needs.
- Experience in Program development, implementation and evaluation in urban environments.
- Experience in developing community relationships with advocacy, citizen and coalition groups, stakeholders, university faculty, and other community groups.
- Experience supervising staff, managing staff, managing budgets and administrative duties.
- Experience in writing and publication of scholarly work related to community health education.
- Experience using digital and social media related to community programming.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
II, Assistant Professor
University of Nevada, Reno Cooperative Extension is a statewide unit within the College of Agriculture, Biotechnology and Natural Resources (CABNR). Our mission is to discover, develop, disseminate, preserve and use knowledge to strengthen the social, economic and environmental well-being of people. We have 17 offices and over 250 personnel delivering non-degree educational programs in the areas of agriculture, community development, health and nutrition, horticulture, personal and family development, and natural resources in both rural and urban communities in the State of Nevada.
Contact Search Coordinator Paul Lessick for further information at (702)257-5577
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
Attach the following attachments to the Resume/CV section of your application. The system will accept multiple attachments to this section of the application up to 5MB. Please contact email@example.com, the day you apply, if assistance is needed with attachments.
* Letter of Application/Cover letter
* Contact Information for Three Professional References
Posting Close Time
This posting will close at 12:00 am on the date listed below. The posting will no longer be available to apply to after 11:59 pm the day prior.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
A background check will be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
HR will attempt to verify academic credentials upon receipt of hiring documents. If the academic credentials cannot be verified, HR will notify the faculty member that an official transcript of their highest degree must be submitted within thirty days of the faculty member’s first day of employment.
References will be contacted at the appropriate phase of the recruitment process.
Applicants hired on a federal contract may be subject to E-Verify.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
For positions that require driving, evidence of a valid driver’s license will be required at the time of employment and as a condition of continued employment.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/UNR-external/job/Extension-Clark—University-of-Nevada-Reno/Assistant-Professor–S pecialist—Nutrition_R0107730-1.
Founded in 1874, the University of Nevada, Reno is the State of Nevadas land grant institution with a statewide mission and presence. The University of Nevada, Reno is a Carnegie I Research Institution and has been recognized as a Top Tier Best National University by U.S. News & World Report. With an enrollment of nearly 21,000 students we offer 145 Tier 1 accredited degree programs. Located in the picturesque Truckee Meadows the University of Nevada, Reno is surrounded by numerous state and national parks, is 45 minutes from beautiful Lake Tahoe, and four hours from San Francisco.
The University of Nevada, Reno recognizes that diversity promotes excellence in education and research. We are an inclusive and engaged community and recognize the added value that students, faculty, and staff from different backgrounds bring to the educational experience.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a persons age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.