Student-centric. Fast-paced. Collaborative. Innovative. These are all words our employees use to describe the Bellevue University work experience. Our reputation as a growing, progressive University requires us to recruit and retain only the most dynamic and qualified individuals in their fields. We aspire to be nationally recognized as the respected and trusted source of learning needed to thrive and succeed in the face of a rapidly changing world. We offer learning experiences that have the ability to create positive change for individuals, for strategic partners and for our nation. To accomplish our strategic plan, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and understanding that promotes open communication, personal and professional development, long-term employees and long-term success. We are committed to fostering a workplace that is challenging and rich with opportunity and reward.
Bellevue University offers quality liberal arts and career-oriented programs at undergraduate and graduate levels to a diverse student body through both in-class and online venues. Our new Teacher Education Program is currently looking for an energetic and knowledgeable individual to fill an Assistant Professor Teacher Education position.
This is a residential position located in Bellevue, Nebraska and has significant and direct student contact. The position is best filled by an enthusiastic, well-rounded and engaged teacher/practitioner interested in a fulltime faculty position.
The primary function of this full-time faculty position is to teach, assess, update, and maintain courses in secondary teacher education.
- Maintain courses in teacher education that are skills and performance-based.
- Teach courses at the undergraduate level in areas to include foundations of education, human relations, assessment and evaluation, and the exceptional learner.
- Facilitate and supervise students in field experiences.
- Teach in various modes of delivery including new and innovative delivery approaches.
- Revise and update existing undergraduate teacher education courses and curriculum.
- Actively participate in the development of assessment plans and programs for existing and new courses.
- Participate in existing and ongoing assessment plans and programs.
- Actively engage in research for the purpose of energizing classroom experience and also for maintaining academically & professionally qualifications to meet accreditation standards.
- Participate in the University community through faculty sponsorship and leadership in student organizations and service on committees.
- Master’s degree in Education
- Recent experience in the secondary classroom
- Significant experience and expertise with instructional technology
- Current or past secondary level teaching certificate
- Doctorate in education or related area
- Strong communication skills and the ability to energize and excite students to be fully engaged and active in the learning process.
- Teaching experience at a post-secondary institution.
- Strong organizational skills
This position requires the faculty member to office at the Bellevue University Campus in Bellevue, NE. This is not a virtual faculty position.
Bellevue University, the largest private, non-profit University in Nebraska, is located just south of Omaha and is part of a vibrant and prosperous metropolitan area of nearly 1 million residents with three major universities and five Fortune 100 companies. Offutt Air Force Base, home to US STRATCOM, is one mile south of the university. We emphasize teaching excellence, cyber-active learning, and interactive education. Benefits (health, dental, vision, tuition, etc.) are available with this position.
How to apply
In addition to the online application, please provide:
- A letter of Intent indicating the professional and academic qualifications which suit you for the position.
- Contact Information for three professional references
- A sample of a professional work product
Bellevue University prepares (1) an Annual Security Report to comply with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act; (2) a Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program (DAAPP) Disclosure to comply with the Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act; and (3) and Consumer Information to comply with the Higher Education Opportunity Act. In addition to this, Bellevue University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All prospective employees may obtain a copy by clicking the preceding links or by requesting copies from the Dean of Students office by calling 402-557-7028 or emailing a request to email@example.com.